What stage pocket/floor boxes do you use??

riner

I have always used and liked FSR floor boxes because they are sturdy and large. We often are filling a floor box with power outlets, mic, speaker, etc., so it's good to be able to get all of that in one box. But we have been having some issues with FSR boxes lately. is there anything out there with the same size, but maybe better durability? Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

Well, that depends. What specific problems are you having? FSR makes a lot of different floor boxes, as do some other manufacturers, so what model are your current boxes? There are differences in not only overall size but also in stage/raised floor mount versus slab mount, plate quantity and size, depth, blank/pre-punched or filled inserts, knockouts and so on. So like many other things, what is 'comparable' takes knowing a bit more about what you have and the specific requirements that would define something as being comparable.

The first boxes that come to mind for stage use are FSR, Ace Backstage and Mystery Electronics. There are also some floor boxes from companies better known in the electrical world such as Hubble and Walker. And there are some other companies that make some special application products. But it is difficult to say who makes something that might specifically meet your requirements without those requirements being better defined.

We have Colortran floor pockets which I'm sure will never break. They don't protrude from the stage and are heavy cast iron, but the ones we have are only routed for stagepin outlets, and they go very deep into the floor, because they're designed for short cable storage. I can't say that they'd work for your application, or even if they still make them. It all depends on the needs.

Whirlwind offers a variety of floor pockets that are very heavy duty. Multiple plug configurations are available wired or empty. CBI also offers the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back