What to do with a dead console?

Hi ControlBooth,

I'm in possession of a dead Expression console- the motherboard and disk drive are dead, and it's not worth a repair. Is there a proper disposal method that should be followed for a console? Or is there anything I should do with it instead?

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks

I'm not familiar with the Expression consoles, but could you take out some parts that still work like the power supply in case someone needs one when their supply goes outs?

If you ever do a show like Return to the Forbidden Planet that needs various buttons, slides, and displays on stage, an old lighting console would be perfect.

Other than that, I would send it off to your area's electronic recycling service, it's essentially a desktop computer that's been flattened out with lots of buttons and sliders. Might have them perplexed trying to categorize it. Would also be fun to take apart and discover what else is inside.

I have an Expression that needs a few parts. I'll definitely consider buying some or all of your board. PM me.

Get 4 guys in kilts with bag pipes. A deep hole or a long walk on a short pier................! :)

As an FYI chances are the disk drive is about a $5 fix. The motherboard on the other hand... you need someone that can do component level repairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back