What to do with old wireless equipment?

Discussion in 'Sound, Music, and Intercom' started by nick_fouts, Oct 5, 2019.

1. nick_fouts

nick_fouts Member

We have a ton of old wireless mic packs and receivers (Audix and Audio-Technica) ranging anywhere between 638-716 MHz, which I know we can no longer use. They have long since long since been replaced with new equipment anyways, and I know I missed the rebate period for most manufacturers.

Should I just send it all off to an electronics recycler? Is it legal to sell to other countries, or even worth it?

RonHebbard likes this.
  2. steine

steine Active Member

IT-Support at K12 and freelance sound/light design
    Too bad it is not Sennheiser (primary brand I use) ;)

As in Denmark we will still be able to use 655 - 685 MHz after our next frequenzy change.
    (In my part of denmark, in others they will still have access to 638 - 693MHz depending on white-spaces in the Broadcast plan)

Not sure about shipping and eventually costums/toll, if that might ruin any usable trade.

nick_fouts and RonHebbard like this.
  3. Joel - Studio 52

Joel - Studio 52 Member

Audio Engineer/Business Owner
    I'd try selling them first. Ebay, Reverb or there are FaceBook pages where you might get some interest. There are still country's that can use those frequencies.

You can always recycle if you can't sell them.

4. JD

JD Well-Known Member

The other thing to do is sell them for "parts only" on Ebay. Explain that they can no longer be used in the US and that you cannot test them. I know a group who sold a bunch of stuff that way and most fetched a half decent price. Start them at $9 and with no warranty.

5. rwhealey

rwhealey Well-Known Member

Consultant
    You can restrict what countries bidders are allowed to bid from on eBay - it is a bit convoluted but there are guides on the help section. International shipping is also fairly easy through eBay.

I discovered both of these things when I had an international buyer win an auction even though I had stated "US Only" in the listing. That doesn't mean too much, so restricting the bidders should help keep you out of trouble.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice