What to use for LED work lights?

microstar

All circuits soon will be ETC Sensor IQ relays and dimming is not needed. What do people use since Osram FLX is no longer available and the Altman worklights
are major $$? These would be on electrics over the stage at about 20' trim.

I have used lights from superbrightleds dot com, and pick what suits your needs best....

worked well for the fairly large stage I used to work for...

Sean...

We purchased a boatload of cheap Ustellar LED 300 watt equivelent flood from Amazon. They are brights, buy not durable. Cheap @$22 ea., but after about 18 mos. We started seeing array failures. Out of 20 we lost maybe 6. The OSRAMs are much more robust and worth if.

STASUN 150W LED Flood Light, 13500lm Outdoor Security Lights with 330°Wider Lighting Area, 3000K, OSRAM LED Chips, IP66 Waterproof Exterior Floodlight for Yard, Court, Parking Lot https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GJBBKL4/?tag=controlbooth-20

I have about 10 of these in my venue. They have a decent CRI and the warm is a great color temp in my opinion. Not sure how well they last long term. I have had 2 set up for about 18months and they are working great!

I haven’t done this yet, but it seems easy enough to throw some gel on them to act as run lights if needed.

STASUN 150W LED Flood Light, 13500lm Outdoor Security Lights with 330°Wider Lighting Area, 3000K, OSRAM LED Chips, IP66 Waterproof Exterior Floodlight for Yard, Court, Parking Lot https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GJBBKL4/?tag=controlbooth-20

I have about 10 of these in my venue. They have a decent CRI and the warm is a great color temp in my opinion. Not sure how well they last long term. I have had 2 set up for about 18months and they are working great!

I haven’t done this yet, but it seems easy enough to throw some gel on them to act as run lights if needed.
Is the yoke wide enough to insert a standard C-clamp bolt?

Is the yoke wide enough to insert a standard C-clamp bolt?
Yes, you have to drill it out to accept the bolt, and attaching the yoke is a little bit of a chore. But, myself and everyone that works in the venue certainly appreciates these fixtures. I only have a couple work light circuits and being able to replace 1 500w fixture with 3 of these certainly gives me more flexibility to make sure all the nooks and crannies are well lit.

I usually find Altman LED worklights to fit everything I need in a work light.

So I bought these and they're perfect in terms of brightness and everything else but our "work light" circuits are attached to the dimmer rack. When these are plugged in, they still glow as if they're on albeit at a low level it's still enough to be seen. Is there a good solution for that problem? I have non dim cards for all the slots I have my LED and moving head fixtures in but I was hoping to not have to buy another one just for work lights but can if that's my best option.

I just put up 4 of the stasun 3000k lights and had a panel go out after 30min. They were the black friday deal. I do like that each of the 3 panel has a separate mini plug into a 3 fer which is handy for trouble shooting
I will return the bad unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back