Whats Shakin?

Hello All,

I just found these forums and they look outstanding. I have been working as a "squint" for 13 years in everything from theatre to weddings (I know, I know... groan). I have a small company and also design for production companies.

I hope all is well for everyone.

Jim

Hi Jim, I don't normally do this, but I have trawled through all of the lighting posts, where are you based? Small company? Sound, Lighting???? What gear have you got? Weddings? Part from mic's for people what is there to do at a wedding? These CB guys are really good. Heaps to learn, I read everything on here, and I learn more and more every day, its awesome. Good luck anyway,
Nick

Nick,

Sorry it took so long to respond, I have been out for about a month and can hardly keep up with drawing shows let alone surf these boards. :D

I am based out of Palm Springs, California. I started lighting at about drinking age, the perfect time to get into this business and went from standard hotel coprerate stuff to the McCallum Perfmorming Arts Theatre (everything from local productions to yellow card shows) for four years then started my own company.

I have LED's, Conventional fixtures and get Mac 2k's and High End moving lights from the theatre that I used to work at when I need them.

As for weddings, as cheesy as it sounds, they can get big (for me). I have done a few 50 + moving light weddings but most of the time they end up being lots of truss towers and tons of conventionals with cable for days.

I hope all is well with you, where are you out of?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back