What's the inspiration behind your user name?

I always admired C.S. Lewis, and always liked how various authors use only their first initials and last name when writing... also J.R.R. Tolkien. So when I started designing I decided that is how I will sign all of my documents plots, and drafts. And I also liked the slight anonymity of it when using it as an online moniker.

R.S. Mentele

I missed this thread when I first signed up, as I needed some answers rather quickly. I got several replies that helped greatly. Thank you all. As to my moniker, OTHScott. Actually, my initials Oren Tyler Harrison Scott. Or as some of my friends have pointed out lately, Over The Hill Scott.

While trying to come up with a name when I joined CB, and not wanting to use my old nickname (Subway) giving to me by the locals in New Haven CT, I decided to use a play on my name, thats funny to me. I dont know why, it just makes me chuckle.
As I am getting older(I am in strict denial) I wanted something that if a parent or boss asked for, it wouldnt be seen like a kid nick( No offense meant in any way too anyone!)

Sean

Well mine is pretty self explanatory, im the sound and soon to be light guy at my theater, valley high school, and im just a kid...kinda (does 17 count as kid, i would think so..)

I felt like 'Lester' had a somewhat negative connotation because, well, what rhymes with Lester?

Les,
Over in The Light Network, one of the prominent posters is named Uncle Fester...Is that you?:)

I wonder how ETCFred picked his username? And, if he'll ever come back!

I finally decide to get my own email that's not based on my name. My name is fairly common and I hate adding numbers onto the end-not-to-mention it would be a different number for every web account. I am looking around my room for inspiration and see thisfacethwolf.JPG posted above my computer. I love wolves. Since then I use it for EVERYTHING. No numbers, and I have yet to see someone else use it.

Some great nicknames and reasons why- good thread!

I joined the LightNetwork forum August 1998 as Ke(ith) lite (what we do) and as a representative of our company, wanted to keep it simple. Having had the pleasure of joining the ControlBooth a few years ago, it seemed like a good idea to use the same moniker.

(Not very creative, but I like it!)

Ah, Keith, there are no judgements for creativity here. We're just happy to have you here. :)

Now, if we could just do a contest to have our moniker become a new color. . .

Well, Kyle was here first, and he's Footer. And I'm his wife, which makes me...

Awesome. I know.

Actually, this is the only place on the internet that I don't go by MonsteRawr. It's the name of my blog, but it originated from Kyle's nickname for me, Stephanie Monster. And because I RAWR!

Didn't I read somewhere that RAWR is dinosaur for "I love you"? What a kind and caring person you must be, on top of being awesome.

Didn't I read somewhere that RAWR is dinosaur for "I love you"? What a kind and caring person you must be, on top of being awesome.

Actually, (god, Kyle's going to kill me for sharing this,) we do have sort of a pet language between the two of us that consists entirely of the word RAWR. It's kind of our way of saying "I love you". I go into more detail about it here if you're in the mood to go "Awwww..." (Or vomit in your mouth. Results may differ.)

Actually, (god, Kyle's going to kill me for sharing this,) we do have sort of a pet language between the two of us that consists entirely of the word RAWR. It's kind of our way of saying "I love you". I go into more detail about it here if you're in the mood to go "Awwww..." (Or vomit in your mouth. Results may differ.)

I dont think it was quite cute enough for me to puke in my mouth, but I didnt go Awwwwww either until the discussion of pet names other than rawr was discussed... Interesting blog. I dont think I have enough comitment to blog about stuff that thoroughly or even remember when I started the d*** thing.

Haha, mine's super corny, like bad corny!
My fiancee is a Lighting Designer...and what better way to express my love for him then by telling everyone that he lights up my world.... ;)...litterly since we work together....:)

Haha, mine's super corny, like bad corny!
My fiancee is a Lighting Designer...and what better way to express my love for him then by telling everyone that he lights up my world.... ;)...litterly since we work together....:)

Glad to see I'm not the only one who's made poor life choices.

Welcome to the Girls' Club!

Pretty simple here. Last name is Glodek, first name is Joe, I do lights. Also is my e-mail and website.

My nickname came from the actual boot. We call em Gumboots here in New Zealand. I think they're called Wellingtons overseas. Y'know, the ones made of rubber?

I was pondering using 'Lighting Guru', after my music teahcer (whos also head of tech stuff at school) gave me the name in a thankyou card after our schools production of West Side Story. But then I realised it's far from the truth and probably sounds arrogant. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back