What's wrong in these pictures?

It isn't a thin piece of metal (thinner than a gobo perhaps) a circle the size of the cap, with a couple off weird holes?

Ahh! Found the parts breakdown! It shows it! (attached) (Edit: this is the "modern" 360Q. Older units need use a different tilt-lock mechanism.)

Last edited:
Altman part#20-0138#360Q Cap Light Shield
USD 2.10 USD 2.10. I've always called them "cap gaskets." Every fixture should have one.

As to the 6x22 not holding its tilt, do you have one of these?

Also, as long as I'm on the Altman site: you're probably missing or have broken these: 20-0124#360Q Yoke Locking Dog New Style
USD 4.20

I should be able to scare-up most of the 20-0138s.

Only the 1KL6s have that type of mechanism.

I do not have one of those. I never much cared for the crypt keeper's key. (Looks diabolical to me.)

At my school we call them spill rings...they are the best way to stop the crazy spill out the back without the cost/heat of using blackwrap.

My question is: if they are meant to be on every cap, why aren't they welded, and/or part of the cap?

make sure your lockdogs aren't just flat either, if you're looking into replacing them. the lockdog is a piece of grey aluminum, with a cut out in the center to grip the yolk and handle, now sometimes the two 'wings' can get ripped off...sheared, whatever. Without this, they aren't very useful for gripping/holding.

if you have one in front of you, it makes a good bit more sense. Hopefully this helps

As for the Jesus wrench, they are good, but only for tightening handles, i find their placement of the C-clamp tool on it extremely silly and useless for anything more than a 1/16 turn before you have to flip the wrench a try a different angle, you can also just use a c-wrench on the handles to tighten. Making sure you loosen the handles before you adjust the tilt will also help retain locking ability, as opposed to strong arming it.

Good luck charc
Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back