Conventional Fixtures What's wrong in this picture?

derekleffew

Resident Curmudgeon
Senior Team
Premium Member
proxy.php

It's called an OmniSistem PROFILE CDM PAR (OmniSistem PROFILECDM), according to this site. PROFILE CDM PAR - 19º, 26º, & 36º LENS- No lamp included.

Last edited:
It's upside down?

IIRC, Omnisistem makes (or is the importer of) entertainment lasers. http://www.omnisistem.com/ They're based on Washington state. It doesn't surprise me they would start making/importing other products.

Pardon my ignorance, but what's the box inside the hanging bracket for? Is it a ballast? It appears there are xlr ports on it?

Why buy ETC when the generic, eastern-manufactured copy is $10 cheaper?

Why buy ETC when the generic, eastern-manufactured copy is $10 cheaper?

Yeah that would probably be the biggest thing wrong with the picture. It's a piece of crap knock off that is priced the same as the real thing. :rolleyes:

Yeah that would probably be the biggest thing wrong with the picture. It's a piece of crap knock off that is priced the same as the real thing. :rolleyes:

At least lighttronics had the decency to pass on the savings to the consumer for their knock off products. Its one thing to rip someone off, its another to rip EVERYONE involved off.

Perhaps it isn't displayed upside down. Perhaps in a not so clever attempt to not be sued they designed it to be used upside down and therefore make it different... ok never mind it was funny to me... I'll go to bed.

Perhaps it isn't displayed upside down. Perhaps in a not so clever attempt to not be sued they designed it to be used upside down and therefore make it different... ok never mind it was funny to me... I'll go to bed.

The box between the yoke is anti-gravity to stop the gel frame/gobo holder/drop-in iris/etc from falling out too. It's ingenious!

<The box between the yoke is anti-gravity to stop the gel frame/gobo holder/drop-in iris/etc from falling out too. It's ingenious!>

Absolutely!

(Now why didn't the bright folks at ETC figure that one out????)

:)

"Hi there! Can I get some "LAMAYTER" Haze Fluid from you guys?.. No, but I can get you some "Le Maitre" Haze Fluid."

Priebe

Do they still sell bedroom suits down there?

Here in Illinois we say "DEZ Planes" instead of "Day PLAIN." We also say "bor BO nes" instead of "Bur bo NAY" and "mar SALES" instead of "mar SAY" Would think people who have numerous city names created by the French would put the proper, FRENCH pronounciations on those names.

lol.. That will happen! As for bedroom suits, why yes we do! Its funny because right now about every major market (it seems) in town right now has a bedroom sale going on right now in the parking lots. K-Mart, Wal-Mart, Target, MC-Sports, even Bed, Bath and Beyond (which its their own products) all have these massive tents with big signs about their sales. Its just funny you mention that, because a few of them are displaying "Discounted Full Bedroom Suits" and one other is "Bedroom Suites on Sale" and Bed, Bath and Beyond's says, "We have quality, discounted products!"

Its pretty funny to me actually that Bed, Bath and Beyond is just calling them all out.

Do you by chance come to Branson ever? Or is it more of just "passing thru".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back