What's wrong with the board?

I am working on an express 48/96. The board was recently serviced, the cd faders were not running cues.
Now that the board is back and in use and has a new problem. When in patch the board jumps back to live mode while trying to patch. ETC advised doing a factory reset. Has anyone ever encountered a problem like this? I'm concerned about what this issue might be and hope to have it troubleshooted before tech!

Something wedged in the Stage Key?

I am working on an express 48/96. The board was recently serviced, the cd faders were not running cues.
Now that the board is back and in use and has a new problem. When in patch the board jumps back to live mode while trying to patch. ETC advised doing a factory reset. Has anyone ever encountered a problem like this? I'm concerned about what this issue might be and hope to have it troubleshooted before tech!

ETC has the best customer service and support people in the industry. The fastest and easiest solution will be for you to just get on the phone with them and don't hang up until the problem is solved. 1-800-688-4116
24 hours a day 7 days a week. Put it in your cell phone right now.

Check your plugs!
I saw a 48/96 board moved and they plugged the ETCLink cable into the RFU port or something similar. The result was random functions triggered and keys stuck, all very strange and hard to diagnose. Also very simple to fix!

Never encountered this in the 13 years I had a 48/96. That's not to say that a desk of this vintage doesn't have some issues.

If they recommended a hard reset it's on page 254 of the manual, also here:

Clear and reset procedure
Follow the procedure below for all clears and resets. This example shows
the prompts for the Clear Show option from the Clear Functions menu.
Use this procedure for all clear and reset options, varying as directed by
the onscreen prompts.
Keystrokes: Action:
1. Press [Setup]. Displays Setup menu
2. Press [4], Clear Functions,
[Enter].
Displays Clear Functions menu
Prompt reads: Select function
number, then press ENTER
3. Press [1], Clear Show,
[Enter].a
a. Press softkey [S1], Reset System, here to erase all show
information from the console, reset to a 1-to-1 patch and reset
the system, options and configuration to factory defaults.

Should you need to re-install the OS it's here on the ETC site:

http://www.etcconnect.com/product.downloads.aspx?ID=20012

Is there a cell phone sitting on that very convenient spot by the track pad? A tablet? Laptop? I've seen some very weird behaviour from an Express that we tracked back to electronics being left in close proximity to the brain.

Is there a cell phone sitting on that very convenient spot by the track pad? A tablet? Laptop? I've seen some very weird behaviour from an Express that we tracked back to electronics being left in close proximity to the brain.

That ^^^. Seen it, multiple times. Also, do the full 789 factory reset, not just the one in the manual. I've personally seen that solve a show critical problem twice and possibly fix an issue other times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back