Vintage Lighting When was it produced? Leviton Piccolo 144/colortran i96?

LeeronP

Just trying to date my equipment. Can't find a solid answer. I'm wondering what year the following equipment started sale/production:

Leviton piccolo 36/144

Colortran i96 dimmer rack

Any info would be great! Can't be THAT old since they both run on computers......but gotta' convince the powers that be it's time to get an apex ;)

Just trying to date my equipment. Can't find a solid answer. I'm wondering what year the following equipment started sale/production:

Leviton piccolo 36/144

Colortran i96 dimmer rack

Any info would be great! Can't be THAT old since they both run on computers......but gotta' convince the powers that be it's time to get an apex ;)
Not too sure about the piccolo, but I've worked in spaces with i series racks that had QC dates on them from ~1997. There may have been earlier ones I've seen, but nothing wildly different. Leviton/NSI stopped using the colortran name in the early 2000's, but who knows if the "Leviton" products they shipped continued to be branded as such later on.

IINM, the i-series dimmer rack is still currently shipping.
I'm surprised to hear that the I series is still a current product. Given my experience with them, I thought they would have killed the line off 15+ years ago.

ETC's current Sensor line can trace it's roots back to the i series dimming rack, and those are still ETC's flagship line voltage dimming solution(although I suspect with the advent of LED there is little interest in replacing it). I had a job recently where they had an i96 and had no issues obtaining new constant modules for it.

The console is definitely ready for an upgrade, and by not having to worry about the dimmers, more money can go towards that and fixtures!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back