Where to begin installing a new lighting truss?

BillConnerFASTC

At least the taller "white" portion along with other photos you posted looks like It is a pre-engineered -"Butler"- building.

My guess is that whomever hung the existing stage lighting never considered structure. Lots of that happens everywhere.

Whether or not the existing structure would support a truss and how it might be reinforced to do so is beyond my structural design capabilities.

BillConnerFASTC

just out of curiousity ... is this the same place with chiller / brownout issue, or are you doubly blessed with trouble at present?
The chiller is a county issue, and this is a church. Now I know Florida is different but I don't think the county owns and operates churches yet.

StradivariusBone

Custom Title
Fight Leukemia
just out of curiousity ... is this the same place with chiller / brownout issue, or are you doubly blessed with trouble at present?
Two separate buildings with two separate back burner issues that are now occupying attention given our circumstances. I could do a whole other thread about the strange electric issues at the church (weird building ground, nominal 125-130V mains, etc). The expansion of this facility would be an interesting analysis project for Stewart Brand I'd suspect. The above photo shows the initial building on that site, but here's the present layout of the campus with added sanctuary and preschool wing:

Screenshot 2020-03-20 at 8.40.24 AM.png

Now I know Florida is different but I don't think the county owns and operates churches yet.
Now THAT'S a whole other thread. I just work here, man :oops:

• Love
Reactions: RonHebbard

gafftaper

Senior Team
Senior Team
Fight Leukemia
Reactions: RonHebbard