Where to get polyurethane tubing?

LesWilson

I abandoned trying to put my twin Chauvet Hurricane Flex machines in storage. I leave them out and fire them twice a month. The downside there is that the tubing in the 8 year old one that sat in the full tank for the last 6 months fell apart.

After disassembling the unit, I found a section with labeling on the tubing. It's 4x2.5mm Polyurethane Tubing which shows up as something used in air pressure supplies. Problem in ordering it online is that I end up buying 30' or more for $5 but it takes a month to get it.

I've tried local aquarium and medical supply stores but no joy. Anyone know what kind of place I might find it sold by the yard?

Attachments

• 2018-09-07 15.58.32.jpg
    2018-09-07 15.58.32.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 274
I abandoned trying to put my twin Chauvet Hurricane Flex machines in storage. I leave them out and fire them twice a month. The downside there is that the tubing in the 8 year old one that sat in the full tank for the last 6 months fell apart.

After disassembling the unit, I found a section with labeling on the tubing. It's 4x2.5mm Polyurethane Tubing which shows up as something used in air pressure supplies. Problem in ordering it online is that I end up buying 30' or more for $5 but it takes a month to get it.

I've tried local aquarium and medical supply stores but no joy. Anyone know what kind of place I might find it sold by the yard?
You could try a bearing supplies or a hydralic/pnumatic workshop or even an automotive supplier for windscreen washer hose.
EDIT: Added automotive supplier

Have you looked at a locally owned hardware store, not the big box stores.

Thanks everyone. Wish I'd seen those posts before running errands today. DOH. I found a 16' on Amazon Prime. Gonna see how this stuff survives 24x7 immersion in fluid.

I love McMaster Carr and I think I checked there first but didn't find any. Which frankly, shocked me!
@LesWilson I realize you're in Florida. You may have luck with some of your larger, nation wide, electronics parts wholesalers such as Mouser Electronics. (No, they're definitely NOT to be confused with any Mickey Mouse operations) Up here north of Donald's wall we have Electrosonic (Based in Toronto but distributed nation wide) electronic supplies dealers at this level often distribute various types and lengths of tubing by a manufacturer named Alpha. Alpha produces a large variety of tubing products in various colors, materials, diameters and shrink ratios of heat-shrinkable to Teflon with all manner of other tubing products in between. The various wall thicknesses, lengths and put-ups run the gamut depending upon what types of tubing you're shopping for. I believe all of Alpha's tubings are flexible. I don't recall them venturing into copper, brass or anything you'd find in a plumbing or electrical wholesaler.
Season's best!
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Your local home despot likely has a decent tubing selection. I've used a couple of their tubing types for water based propylene glycol fluids.

A quick google online will yield chemical compatability lists which can help your selection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back