Which speaker is loudest... a test.

I personally don't like JBL. In fact I actually hate them - but I also run Meyer sound and prefer them by far. Of course Meyer is extremely pricey for most people.

I would personally highly recommend your looking into buying KV2 audio instead of anything else in that price range.

Take care

It is my understanding that the opinion being sought on the JBL was whether or not to sell a set that are currently taking up storage space, but without looking to replace them. Most people on here are in school environments and thus are generally very limited, so you need to bear this in mind when giving advice.

Chris15 said:
It is my understanding that the opinion being sought on the JBL was whether or not to sell a set that are currently taking up storage space, but without looking to replace them. Most people on here are in school environments and thus are generally very limited, so you need to bear this in mind when giving advice.

I did bear that in mind - that is why I recommended looking at the KV2 audio. I never recommended Meyer.

Secondly - I also gave my opinion about JBL - therefore leaving it to be understood that I would sell them. So - since I didn't really make it all that clear. I WOULD SELL the JBL speakers...unless they are going to be soley in storage for an emergency situation. If you are using them off and on for a DJ environment - as was stated - I would replace them with KV2 gear.

bryanr74 said:
I did bear that in mind - that is why I recommended looking at the KV2 audio. I never recommended Meyer.

Secondly - I also gave my opinion about JBL - therefore leaving it to be understood that I would sell them. So - since I didn't really make it all that clear. I WOULD SELL the JBL speakers...unless they are going to be soley in storage for an emergency situation. If you are using them off and on for a DJ environment - as was stated - I would replace them with KV2 gear.

Replacing rarely used gear for new gear is not very cost-effective. I would hold on to them, because even if you do sell them, I don't think the price will out weigh having them as a back up.

Donald one question about selling the JBL's ? Have you asked the sponsor who brought them for you? They may be happy for them to be sold or may not. If you don't have the room to store them maybe the sponsor can. Just a thought.

cutlunch said:
Donald one question about selling the JBL's ? Have you asked the sponsor who brought them for you? They may be happy for them to be sold or may not. If you don't have the room to store them maybe the sponsor can. Just a thought.

I thought of that as well as her daughter is going to college next year for tech theater. I have been impressed with the speakers thus far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back