The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Who designed this costume?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Cornelia, May 13, 2007.

1. Cornelia

Cornelia Member

Hi,

I am trying to locate the designer of this Koloron dress. Do you know who they are? The material can be painted on afterwards.[​IMG]

Regards

Cornelia

2. gafftaper

gafftaper Senior Team Senior Team Fight Leukemia

Theater Manager & T.D.
    Sorry can't answer your question... Why don't you e-mail the website the picture came from koloron.com and ask them? They have an e-mail address on the contact page.

3. Van

Van CBMod CB Mods Premium Member

Project Manager, Stagecraft Industries, Inc.
    I can't help but feel that this Koloron Poster is more than just a bit Spammy.

A. They haven't introduced themselves.

B. Their first posting was purely a link to an U.K. based website that sells nothing but second party Koloron applications. BTW IMHO the website completely sucked as all the areas purporting to have information simply led to a catalog/buy now page.

C. The Material is not Theatrically freindly, unless you were doing a single show then throwing everything away.

D. You want to find out who designed a dress made out of a specific material? Contact the people whose website it's on don't try to generate hits by posting it on an only periphireally related site.

If I'm wrong shoot me. I'm betting I'm not. I smell a marketing ploy.........

4. Charc

Charc Well-Known Member

Van, while I agree with you in sentiment, I think it's important to note a factual error. He or she has in-fact introduced him or her self, which was also their first post: http://www.controlbooth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5175

5. Van

Yes I missed that. They introduced themselves.
    </quote>
    Cornelia [​IMG] vbmenu_register("postmenu_55862", true);
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] New information seeker
    Hi everybody,

I'm Cornelia and hope you can help when I ask questions. Nothing worse than lots of views and no replies.

BR

Cornelia

</quote>

Color me skeptical. All apologies........... If I'm wrong.:twisted:

6. Charc

Charc Well-Known Member

What I don't understand about this question (as someone that's never even contemplated touching a costume) is what's the significance of finding out the designer of a costume made of a specific material which has a questionable value in theatre? It just seems like you wouldn't get any helpful information in this situation.

7. gafftaper

Theater Manager & T.D.
    Always the skeptic Van.

I guess when I think about it, it is a little fishy. Why come ask us who the designer is (a question no one around here is going to know, and even pro-costume designers are not all that likely to know) instead of contacting the website you got the photo from in the first place?

As for the product I see little use for it in theater... unless you wanted to do some weird show where the actor's clothes got painted on stage. Why not just buy fabric the color and style you want and make the costume like real designers do?

8. Footer

Footer Senior Team Senior Team Premium Member

but you could give each person in the audience a brush with a different color.... and every night would be something new!...... ya, pretty much useless project, would be interesting for a 5 year old, not in the theatre, thats what dye shops are for.

9. jonhirsh

jonhirsh Active Member

Toronto, Ontario and Valencia, California
    OK is it just me or am i the only one who's first thought was..... you can paint any fabric?

ie. Canvas, cotton, pretty much any fabric you can think of you can put paint on.

10. gafftaper

Theater Manager & T.D.
    I don't think this is the kind of buzz she was hoping to generate.

11. gafftaper

Theater Manager & T.D.
  12. Van

Yeah that's the post I was referring to in my original in this thread. I'd love to have Daves access to the IP histories. I'm just guessing they both came from the same domain.

And yes, I did have that thought of," Gee, Fabric I can paint on.... what a novel Idea. "

13. gafftaper

Theater Manager & T.D.
    I saw the introduction in the new member forum first so I felt sorry and posted the first post here. I just now discovered the other one. Looks like spam to me.

Let's hijack this thread.

Anyone seen any good movies lately?

or should I say...

Does anyone ever have time to go to the movies?

14. Charc

Charc Well-Known Member

No
    and
    No
    ;)

15. Logos

Logos Well-Known Member

Retired
    I'm sorry do they still make movies

16. soundlight

soundlight Well-Known Member

Yes actually but the only one that I care about now is the Golden Compass movie that is coming out in December of this year. Pullman is an amazing fantasy writer. Out of all of the fantasy books that I've read, his world is the one that I'd honestly want to go to the most. I've read the book every single year since I first read it. I just hope that they don't bomb it like Eragon was bombed. If anyone saw that movie I'm sure that they can agree with me that it had the least character development of any movie ever. As in NO character development. Read the book folks, Christopher Paolini is a friggin GENIUS and the movie does no justice to the book. The movie was directed by a SPECIAL EFFECTS director, NOT a feature film director, so it's all special effects...not plot. That was the fatal flaw. It was the most disappointing movie ever for one of the best books ever.

Hmmm...spamming to good movies to good movies and bad movies to movies coming out soon to fantasy novels...where to next with this thread???

17. gogotoovee

gogotoovee Member

I escaped my theater to go see Hot Fuzz the other night. I loved it! I think those guys are funny. What Sean of the Dead was to zombie movies, Hot Fuzz is to buddy cop movies. Loved it!

18. Van

I don't care if the Theatre Burns Down! I'm going to the opening of Pirates week after next.

19. avkid

avkid Not a New User Fight Leukemia

Stagehand/ Production Company Owner
    We used to be a movie theatre.

20. Logos

Logos Well-Known Member

Retired
    Ah yes now Pirates. I will be executed if my partner and I don't get to that one. Unfortunately my grandsons are a little young for it.