Who forgot the projector?

Wallab

OK, about 2 weeks ago my high school had it's annual variety show. I was the sound designer and operator. There was one big act in which all of choirs were involved (over 150 people) . For the act we were a projector that played a video that set up the scene for the dance act.
Just a note: Our light guys are lazy asses that screw around when they should be working. Before the show i said " Lights everything ready?" they said Yup yup.
So the Emcees are on stage announcing the next act(which was the dance act). I go on headset and tell the light guy to cue up the video. Then the Emcees finished and i said play video. I brought up sound and he pressed play but....the lazy ass light guys forgot to turn the projector on. So we were going nuts on headset trying to tell all the dance act that there is no video. .... Everyone was a little ticked since turning on the projector was all the light guy had to do.

But everything worked out and people caught on fast and turned out to be our best show.

Nice... We recently had our school's talent show and, while one performance was happening on the apron with a closed curtain, we were turning on the projector in advance for our last act. Unfortunately, our not-so-bright projector guy couldn't figure out how to get the projector just to show a black screen and I was busy backstage trying to troubleshoot our moving lights. We ended up with no projector in the act because we had the choice between using the projector in the act but having "HITACHI" shown on the cyc for the act before it, or not using it at all. Luckily the act was alright without it.

And this is why you have preshow checklists.

One printed out for every night that gets physically initialed by the person responsible.

yeah we have a few lazy/ mindless ones around our area to:evil: They really like to talk or texting on the phone other than working like i ask them to or just not push a button. just last week after i programed our light console. my sound guy pressed the panic on the wall and we couldn't dim our lights.... yeah really smart???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back