Who has a cordless impact driver?

Say what you want...in 10 years time I have yet to have my craftsmen screwguns fail to operate. I recently moved to lithium ion and added some impact drivers to the mix. What I found was that sears often have sales, plus they often will include both drill, driver and such packaged together. It was cheaper to by the package than a diver with extra battery. First time I heard the rattle of the impact driver I thought it was broke...though I love it for 3 inch screws

I would be happy with any of the higher spec modern battery drill/drivers - I still recall my fathers first battery drill that he would charge for hours to use for minutes!
I have a 18v DeWalt and I love it for all the reasons people have already listed - 3 speeds, 3 drive options, a spare battery and enough grunt to get every job done. As a venue tech in a tilt slab building I love having an impact driver for setting anchors into concrete and making all that flat wall space useful... The one shortfall the DeWalt does have is the LED 'work light' is set below the chuck in such a way that unless your bit is more than 20cm long, your working in your own shadow... But thats what head torches are for!

The one shortfall the DeWalt does have is the LED 'work light' is set below the chuck in such a way that unless your bit is more than 20cm long, your working in your own shadow... But thats what head torches are for!

That and you have to depress the trigger for the light to come on. Dewalt aren't the only ones that do that, but I wish it could be on a separate switch so that it could be on before you start, and after your done to let you see what your doing better.

We just got funding approved from a booster club to replace our drills!!!! When I got the job last year, we had no tools, and no budget (someone's dad always brought his tools). So we have been using two $10 corded drills for set building. We are purchasing two Dewalt 18v Impact Drivers and two Dewalt 18 v Drills. I can't wait!

We just got funding approved from a booster club to replace our drills!!!! When I got the job last year, we had no tools, and no budget (someone's dad always brought his tools). So we have been using two $10 corded drills for set building. We are purchasing two Dewalt 18v Impact Drivers and two Dewalt 18 v Drills. I can't wait!

Now is the best time to buy! The big boxes have a plethora of drill/drive combo kits on sale right now.

That and you have to depress the trigger for the light to come on. Dewalt aren't the only ones that do that, but I wish it could be on a separate switch so that it could be on before you start, and after your done to let you see what your doing better.

Just got a pair of Dewalt impact drivers in time for strike last Saturday. I'm not sure if they changed it since you purchased yours, but I didn't have any issues with the LED being blocked. Also, it is still activated by the trigger, but if you pull the trigger just slightly, the LED kicks on before the bit starts turning.

It never ceases to amaze me that something we spent two months building and ten hours assembling, can be disassembled and cleared off stage in under an hour. Saved a lot of time by not having to wrangle cords and by being able to change quickly between square and phillip's head bits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back