Who is the Tech Director

I totally agree with the finding a few kids who are competant and tossing them in to the fire.

I went over and observed another TD in my county with his advanced stagecraft class and if they're in production (which is almost daily) he gives the crew heads a list of tasks and says go, they must be done by the end of the period. He'll circulate around them and make sure they don't go too far in the wrong direction. If they totally screw it up he'll fix it when they leave.

The second I started doing this with my kids the class ran so smoothly I was amazed. They liked the fact that I was giving them responsibility. Plus when it comes to proving myself with lesson plans I'm making them do creative problem solving which is a high level skill. ;)

A decent read, but Gaff is saying that he can figure out what makes someone tick in two minutes. Besides, I'd like to think I'm multilayered. No one thing makes me tick, Gaff can't "figure it out" in two minutes. A decent read is a different thing altogether.

Like I said Charc, you aren't as complex as you would like to think. I'll admit I would prefer 5 or 10 minutes but I can nail it pretty quick. Twenty years of working with teens has given me a lot of insight.

Now just sit on the couch... some people find it more comfortable to lay back and put their feet up... Comfortable? Excellent. Now tell me about the Hot Fries...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back