Who made this

gafftapegreenia

CBMod
CB Mods
Wow, stumped me. I'm sure the lenses did not originally come with the Fresnel fixture. The only manufacturers of oval-beam Fresnels I know of were Kliegl in the US and Rank-Strand in the UK. Since it is a Canadian seller, it's possible this is a British import, although the phrase "Union made, International Brotherhood" would seem to indicate US. It's a reasonably modern fixture--I'm curious as to what lamp it takes. It seems to be a well-made and engineered fixture, made by whomever to compete with the Altman 1KAF series.

IMHO, seems grossly overpriced, and has the wrong power cord/whip.

listing said:
IF YOU ARE NOT SATISFY YOU CAN RETURN THE ITEM AND I WILL REFUND MONEY.PLEASE READ DESCRIPTION ABOUT ITEM.I JUST REFUND MONEY ONLY IF THE ITEM DESCRIPTION WAS NOT EXACTLY LIKE DESCRIPTION OR THE ITEM WAS LOST

Uhhhh, ESL FTW?

I've seen that exact style of fixture body before - same style of heat sink-style grooves on the outside, same slight curve to a square body, and same type yoke. I'm almost positive that it's century, pre-strand.

I'm guessing a 6 inch lens unit.

It looks like something Electro-Controls might have made. It has that certain shade of grey paint that reminds me of their gear.

It has a 3 sided phenolic tilt knob, which is a more recent design. It's not a Kliegl as they used sheet metal for their fixtures, not cast aluminum. Not any kind of Strand from the US, whose fresnels either looked like the typical Altman 65Q, or the current black units. Not an L&E either, whose earlier 6" units also were copies of the Century/Altman 65Q design. It doesn't look like Colortran, and certainly not an Altman. Possible a Major, but I think they stopped making fixtures before the tilt knob went to plastic (might have been retrofitted).

That's my archeological lighting report for the week.

Steve B..

Steve's right EC is a good guess...and one of my first thoughts as well...but I'm not convinced it is.

My high school had a ton of EC fresnels--they were absolutely nothing like the photo. No promises that it isn't, but they don't look anything at all like what we had :eek:

It doesn't look like anything Euro or UK that I know.

It's been re-listed for $30. Pie, any response to the email?

yeah, a useless one though:
hello,
just see union made,international brotherhood.
no find others inscription on.
thanks!
fattytoys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back