Who would be interested in a pair of Kliegl Bros. #3525 1000W Fresnels

ilyaz

Hello everyone,

My 1st post here...

Someone in our neighborhood threw away two old but seemingly fully functional Kliegl Bros 3525 1000 Watt stage lights. I picked them up and now am trying to figure out what to do with them. I don't really need them (unless I want to use them as camping lights :) ) so one option would be to put them on eBay or Craigslist. But I am wondering if I can find some interested party locally. My question is who do you think might be interested in these? Thanks much!

Here are a couple of photos (can snap some more if needed):

IMG_4581.JPG

IMG_4582.JPG

If they were thrown out, there's probably something that makes them not worth fixing up for their intended use. But I would love to learn how to re-wire them and use them in my house!

That's why, if you were to convert it, you swap it out for a more standard house lift. Do a search for the S4 table lamp here. Sure it's not UL rated but you can still change the fixture to accept a standard house lamp

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

If they were thrown out, there's probably something that makes them not worth fixing up for their intended use. But I would love to learn how to re-wire them and use them in my house!

Yes but being as Fresnels are super basic wiring wise it's unlikely. More likely someone just saw two old, random fixtures and didn't see any value in them.

It's not too hard to swap in a medium screw base socket and make a nice prop Fresnel.

Well, not sure if I can post eBay auctions here, but I decided to test the waters, so to speak, to see if there is any general interest in these fresnels and and threw one of them here

Good looking lights for their age. You're probably right that someone just didn't understand the viability in them. I have similar models in storage but in worse condition. What type of lamp do these use? Mine use a T-3 linear lamp.

I have the 750 watt version of those fixtures, and I really like them! You are lucky to have the barn doors as well. I'm still trying to find barn doors for my 750s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back