Wholehog III DMX Widget Price

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd also ask them about the new Hog IPC, and IPC software, which can run Hog II or III.

no, that is actually a long established lighting forum run by Richard Mead.

For that link to work, you must go to delphiforums.com directly and type "lightnetwork" into the search box on the left side.

If you go to the High End website, they will probably have a list of local dealers remaining to you or other dealers. Production Advantage is one and often a good source for gear. There is lots of others.

Rough cost, that's a dealer question direct to you as otherwise High End's MSRP or what's advertised will often be off actual cost.

Seems you now need a new local dealer. What a good way to open up a dialog than in quoting out a pricy piece of gear. Takes some leg work.

Sorry avkid - my mistake.

Hey! New here. I priced the High end widget about a year ago and it was running for $1200

ENTTEC makes an open source one that is supposedly a little buggy for $60, and a "pro" one for 130 that fixes some of those bugs and can input or output dmx. Worth a look.

www.enttec.com

yea, i looked about that, it doesnt seem to.
sucks, cause that would be nice.

Yeah, i'm almost certain it would work. I don't see why it wouldn't, but I could be wrong. At the school I work for, we use a knockoff created by a company that was considering making them. It works perfectly with hogpc.

I would think that A USB to DMX converter does just that, regardless of the program.

yea, but it depends, Highend could put a chip in the converter which communicates with hogPC so that only theyre products may be used. i know if i was the one designing the converter and hogPC, i would do that. it would give you great control over your products.

ok i have just ordered one device...
once i have in my hands,and i tested it, i'll tell you something.

so Gabi, any progress on it?

I'm fairly certain the enttec stuff will not work with HogPC. There is no "standard" for dmx over USB. Enttec would have to license the software from Highend, and then they wouldn't be able to release it as open source.

Hope this helps

yea, thats what i figured, but hey, if someone else wants to buy it, and try, im not complaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back