Wholehog III DMX Widget Price

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I have been working on developing software to control lights from the Mac I can say without any doubt that unless some one has reversed engineered the High End widget and hacked a driver or made a widget that rips off the High End protocol you will have to use a High End widget with Hog PC. I asked High End for the protocol since they don't make Hog PC for Mac and they refused to release it. The Enttec pro device has its own protocol specific to it self, you can download the protocol from the Enttec site and there are currently windows based programs that use both Enttec devices.

You can also check out http://usbdmx.com/index.html for another device that I belive is superior to the Enttec pro device the reason I say this is simple the Enttec device can send OR recive DMX at any given moment, while the device designed by Ben can send AND recive DMX at any given moment and an Objective C class for Mac (Cocoa) already exists.

Swan,

I believe there is a program for Mac - dmx called lanbox, or something like that.

Of course, there are a number of programs already done for pc.

As for a price, I could recommend a couple places, one in Virginia, and one in Illinois.

Are you familiar with hogpc gabi? I want to make absolutely certain that it won't work. If you right click on the bottom blue menu, and click something like "options" or preferences or something like that, you can select which port the usb is working on, etc... Did you try all that but to no avail?

of course i did it,what kind of newbie you think i am?
i normaly tour with wholehog's and i've been using hog pc's for pre programming shows in the last two years...man,i spent more hours in this program than you think.
but doesn't recognize anything.i tried to install many of drivers i found on the net, and nothing.

anyway you can try it...purchase one and try to put it to work...and give me good news

Flying Pig will do everything they can to make sure they have the only widget that works with thier software, after all the widget is where they make all thier money.

what kind of newbie you think i am?
Hey man, I have no idea what experience you have with hogpc, hence, the question.

I guess perhaps the box I have is a less than legal knockoff of the High end widget. That's probably why they were less inclined to make more of them...

I have a recollection of someone selling knock off HES widgets around 2005,
HES Legal jumped on them incredibly quickly, and they stopped selling them.
Use of non-HES widgets with Hog software would be very illegal, as I would assume is is against the licensing agreement you click when you install Hog software.

Folks, this thread is 6 years old and jumpjet has not logged on to CB for over a year...

From the CB Content Policies:
ControlBooth.com does not condone or allow any discussions on the subject on the availability, use of, or tools to access illegally obtained media (including, but not limited to: video, audio, and software).
The discussion of how to obtain a non genuine widget, not approved by HES violates this.
Thread Closed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back