• medium, was barley able to function

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • minor, just hurt

Votes: 31 86.1%
  • never burned myslef

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've got a trianular scar on my arm too! I wish I could say I got it from something cool like focusing lights...in truth I burnt it on the popcorn kettle at my work.:oops:

Only minor burns here. I have a pretty sweet scar in the shape of a nut on a source four though, I'm oddly fond of it. But otherwise, just little things, gobos, shutters. I've had lights somehow get through my gloves and manage to burn me. And I always just get random ones on my arms from trying to reach around things.

Never burnt myself, come close a few times.

I have very good reflexes.

been burnt on my right arm twice by the back end of a Source 4 750 that was sitting in a closed ceiling catwalk... two small burns from IR and UV radiation, haven't gotten any more since. Scars are still there and will be around for another month or 2

on the production my college has running right now i've gotten 2 more burns! i can't believe it. one was from when i was helping teach a class how to focus a light; i was focusing on our balcony rail and we were putting gobos in them. one was not at the right angle and had only been in for less than 30 seconds, so i thought it would be okay to touch...the answer is a resounding "NO!" i burned myself so badly my skin split open and started bleeding, skipped the blistering stage entirely now it's peeling and oh so lovely, i don't think it'll scar but i will have a rather nice calous on that finger now. the other one happened when i was focusing on the box booms, i had a funky hold on one instrument that had been on for about 10 minutes max. and then it slipped and hit my arm. yet again, no scar, but it hurt horribly!!! :oops:

I have to throw in another one. It's not a light it's my favorite kind of burn, and it's happened to me twice in my carreer. Let's say you've been working all day and then you need to go weld something. It is so much fun to have a piece of slag drop down and somehow make it between the laces part of your boot and the tongue. God the dance moves I invented! Hot slag on the top of your foot and there is no way to get it out without pressing it into your foot even more. Nice big blister right on top of the old metatarsals. Where your boot rubs all day long. MMMMMM fun.

weld splatter/slag is the best. I've burned myself by leaning down to get somethign that fell off of my desk and putting my hand down on a 60 watt soldering iron. Not one, but 3 blisters from that one. I have good enough reflexes to avoid burns from lights, but i do have a funny story
So the td at my high school is anything but bright, knowledgeable, or good at his job. It was dress probably, and i gave him a list of 3 lamps he had to replace (students arent allowed on the lift. which sucks). So he was like, ill do it later. At intermission, he was doing it after realizing that the lack of one of those lights was really pissing off the director, his wife. He neglected to tell me. I was running through a few cues while he was changing it, standing on the guard rails of a genie, with the back off the leko, new lamp in, not tied off to the grid or anything, and he didnt unplug it. I flashed it. Just flashed it, and now he likes to tell people i tried to kill him, because he almost fell off. idiot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back