Who's exhibiting or running a session?

dvsDave

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Senior Team
CB Mods
Fight Leukemia
There are so many people here on ControlBooth involved with USITT, it's hard to believe. So I want to ask for a call out for people to mention what booth they are at, or what sessions they are running!

Personally, I'll be splitting my time between walking the show floor and working at the Production Advantage Booth. (Booth 913)

I will be speaking on two panels (being the chairman of the second one). In addition, as a member of the Digital Media Commission, I will be on the show floor assisting with some amazing demonstrations. More info to come!

Update: I have an additional session on the show floor (just the expo class get's you to this one). I will also be at the digital playground on Friday and Saturday.

Last edited:
I know @jfleenor will be running the Doug Fleenor Design booth (#157), @pathway & @Rob will be at Booth #1219, @Ford and @Ben Dickmann will be at Booth #1125 repping Chauvet Professional, @Kelite and @GreyWyvern will be repping Apollo at #1441, and @starksk and company will be running the ETC booth at #1518, #1519, & #1718.

I know missing a ton of people. Please chime in if I've missed you off the top of my head.

RC4 Wireless Founder and Chief Product Developer James D. Smith has hosted numerous panel discussions at USITT Stage Expo over the past several years about the pros and cons of wireless DMX and dimming, and how people are using these things. He's talked about the perils of using the wrong batteries and ever-growing RF bandwidth congestion, but also about ease of use, remarkable reliability, and the beautiful looks that really can be achieved no other way. The sky is the limit!

This year, USITT has created a new format inspired by TED Talks. As a leading wireless technology developer, Jim has been invited to participate and will be doing two 30-minute USITT Tech Talks right on the show floor. The first is a simple introduction with examples of what DMX-controlled wireless dimming actually is, followed by a more advanced session demonstrating some of the really cool things you can do with more advanced RC4 features. (For a sneak preview, check out Jim's tutorial videos.)

At the Tech Talk, Jim will have batteries, dimmers, LEDs, a faux gas lantern, a dress covered in pixels, and more. He'll be showing you props and costumes that work just like any other fixture in your show, easily incorporated into your scenes and cues because it's all DMX controlled.

Jim will also be providing hands-on training and teaching at the day-long USITT PDW session LEDs in Costumes and Props, along with David Fillmore Jr., Allison Amidei, and Peter Anderson. Preregistration is recommended and many seats are already filled. If you can find a seat, we'd love to see you. You can register here.

At the PDW we'll have tools on the table-- including a tool kit you can take home with you-- and we'll be talking about soldering techniques, managing stress points in costumes, batteries, and much more.

Please join Jim on Friday, March 22 for an informative show-n-tell on the USITT Lighting & Digital Media Stage:

RC4 Wireless DMX Lighting Control for Props and Costumes - An Introduction
Room: Lighting & Digital Media Stage, Expo Floor
Friday, March 22, 2019: 11:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Confirm place, date, and time on the USITT website

RC4 Wireless DMX Lighting Control for Props and Costumes - Pushing Boundaries
Room: Lighting & Digital Media Stage, Expo Floor
Friday, March 22, 2019: 12:00 PM - 12:30 PM
Confirm place, date, and time on the USITT website

If you don't have a pass to get into USITT Stage Expo, RC4 Wireless is happy to sponsor you and provide FREE admission to the Expo floor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back