The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Wide projection

Discussion in 'Multimedia, Projection, and Show Control' started by matto889, Feb 2, 2008.

1. matto889

matto889 Member

I want to be able to put two projectors next to each other and then match them up next 2 each other to make one really wide screen but how do i split the video across it. I would like to do it on a mac. Is there a software program that can do this.

2. Stoldal

Stoldal Active Member

The easiest way is to get a graphics card that has two ports on it. I know that works on PCs, but i dont know about Mac. I am thinking that you can do the same thing on a Mac. If you do a thread search you will find a few thread that talk about the same thing, mostly.

3. soundlight

soundlight Well-Known Member

I don't know about full capabilities, but I think that the Pro Video addition to Q-Lab might be able to do this with a dual head graphics card.

4. Raktor

Raktor Active Member

A media server like a Hippotizer will do this, but probably too expensive for your needs. They blend the image in the middle so the projectors overlap slightly and merge into one; instead of two sharp edges that you have to align.

5. DaveySimps

DaveySimps CBMod CB Mods Premium Member

Performing Arts Center Manager
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  6. Footer

Footer Senior Team Senior Team Premium Member

You either want an NVIDIA video card or a dual head to go.... either way you will either want to run this off a laptop so you still have a screen or a dual head video card plus the splitter. You WILL have a line where the projectors meet, this does nothing to get rid of that. Media servers will take care of that/do the blending for you.

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/gxm/products/dh2go/home.php

7. ruinexplorer

ruinexplorer Minion CB Mods Premium Member Fight Leukemia

Projectionist
    Also, many of the newer large venue projectors have built in image blending software.