Wiki Entry for Sound Playback Systems

gafftaper

Senior Team
Senior Team
Fight Leukemia
Hey guys why not make a nice long entry for the wiki?

Re: Cue Playback Software

No, go for the individual systems in the Wiki. And make a short reference to each in an umbrella topic. Check out the one that I created on Qlab as soon as this sticky was created.

I think this information should be in the Wiki, but I fear that new folks around here might not look there - hence the sticky thread that you can't miss.

advertise the wiki, create easier links to it, does the post search facilty (when you create a new topic and it has suggestions close to yours) cover the wiki, because that might help

I went ahead and split this discussion out of the Sound Playback Systems thread to keep it clean. We can discuss ways of making the Wiki easier to use here.

That little drop down button for the wiki sort of blends into the background up there with the rest of the User CP stuff. It would be nice if it had a more prominent link up there at the top of the forums page. There are also older folks and people from other countries who aren't wiki experienced who may not know what NuWiki even means. Hey, I'm 37 and I had never used Wikipedia before the Wiki went up on this site. So something a little more clear like "Look it up in our Wiki" might help direct people to the wiki better.

That little drop down button for the wiki sort of blends into the background up there with the rest of the User CP stuff. It would be nice if it had a more prominent link up there at the top of the forums page. There are also older folks and people from other countries who aren't wiki experienced who may not know what NuWiki even means. Hey, I'm 37 and I had never used Wikipedia before the Wiki went up on this site. So something a little more clear like "Look it up in our Wiki" might help direct people to the wiki better.
Maybe if I invert the color scheme for hte wiki button... maybe make the background gold, and the text black.

What about a real prominent link on the home page. A new person coming across the site for the first time is likely to go there first (unlike those of us who have a tab set directly to the forums). So something that indicates there is a full glossary of terms would be great. I may be wrong, but I don't remember there being any mention of the Wiki on the front page.

And as long as we are on the topic of the front page, it seems to me that the forums are the most useful part of the site but they are just one of many options on the home page. If I was a casual person surfing through I might not ever click to see if there's anything good in the forums. So doing something to indicate how cool the forums are might help attract new members.

Sorry Dave this should all be in the Suggestions area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back