Wire and Track Systems

Smcl001

I'm a TD working with FOY for a production of The Wizard of Oz, we've settled on their standard package but we are now hammering out details. FOY has been nothing but helpful but I just need a little more clarification on the differences and uses of a single-wire system, a two-wire system, and a floating track.

Extra Credit: My space is a multi-use gym and the production will be using the whole space, in/out/and around the procienum as well as the back of the house. FOY says they will make whatever we want happen but what kind of price bump and/or headaches should i be expecting?

Thanks CB! :!:

......ask Foy......

Single wire system has one lift point on the talent, double wire has two points on the talent and offers more control...

As far as the price bump.... They will be able to do whatever you want them to do. However, your budget better be able to do whatever you want it to do as well. I have always said it you want a person's feet to leave the ground you do it by paying 5,000 dollars. If you want more then that, better find some more money.

A single wire only controls up and down, left and right are governed by the same laws of physics that act on Tarzan and his vine. Multiple wire and track-on-track systems offer more control, but also require more operators (assuming manual systems, not motorized), so add 'additional crewing' to your list of considerations.

As with anything else, figure out what you need to do, what you want to do, and then figure out what you can afford to do. You're in a better position to judge your budget than we are. There's nothing wrong with the standard package, with some good choreography there's plenty of wow factor available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back