wire grommets


Senior Team Emeritus
Premium Member
Mar 29, 2003
Used to be on the really old Union brand stage pin plugs or in other old gear, once in a while you would instead of a ring or flag terminal have a sort of washer or brass grommet that folded over the wire formed into a circle.

This would allow the screw to turn on the wire wrapping around the terminal without touching the strands.

By grommet, I mean kind of a shape of a rubber grommet that forms a sort of C-channel in round shape which the wire goes into about the hole.

I also remember them folding over to encase the wire.

Kills me that I remember seeing them about a year ago from source and taking note of it. Spent over an hour searching McMaster, Grainger, Allied and Newerk with no results.

What are they called and who makes them?