Wireless Digital and powering Condenser mics

Hello CB

We are taking a look at upgrading our wireless system. Currently G3 Sennheiser and contemplating a switch to Shure ULX or maybe Axient if we can make a case for it. It's looking like price v price Shure has the Sennheiser D6000 and certainly the D9000 beat.

I do have one important question that my googling has not been able to answer as of yet.
In our current setup we have 2 x Senheisser SKP 300's and 2 x Senheisser SKP2000's that allow us to connect standard xlr terminated dynamic and condenser mics into the wireless system. Currently I do see this type of transmitter in the Shure or Senneheiser lineups.
Could we -- through the use of beltpack to xlr adapter -- send 48v power to a MX418C or a C1000 with a beltpack?

Have the flexibility of a wireless lectern has saved so many issues.

If this is not a possibility then we will likely keep 4 legacy units around just to support this.

I appreciate any help with this.

Keep well and safe everyone
Steven

I saw that ULXD8 table mic while perusing the product pages... I can think of a few places it will work but not as nicely as the SKP's with a proper lectern mic.

I guess as the SKP products generally fall under an ENG solution they haven't been explored in the live digital realm. In the analogue days it made more sense as all of the G3 mics and some of the 2000 series worked together with the same underlying technology. This higher end digital goes beyond the needs of ENG.

I may have to think about this. This project is for a school where we are looking at a wholesale repalcement of our mic system as we prepare for frequency issues. We are hoping to keep everything in the same ecosystem so stock can be shared where needed which has helped us out in the past many times.
- Performing Art Centre
- Roaming Rack
- Portable Sound System
- Gymnasium Sound System
- 2 ENG kits for filming / interviews.

Makes me a little sad that I can't replace the system and keep the current flexibility.

There are a variety of shotgun capsules and different length goosenecks for the ULXD8 which may help in keeping it 1 ecosystem. Also if you can delay your decision a week, there might be a development which will please you. poke me on 8/3 ....

Thank you for the nudge nudge wink wink Ben... I'll keep an eye out in early August.

I'm having trouble finding what the connector spec is for the ULXD8 base... is it possible to extend the mic from the base with an extension cable?

Thank you for the nudge nudge wink wink Ben... I'll keep an eye out in early August.

I'm having trouble finding what the connector spec is for the ULXD8 base... is it possible to extend the mic from the base with an extension cable?
Its a Shure proprietary connector - 6-pin connector for Shure MX405/10/15

and this might help a bit - https://service.shure.com/s/article...-mx405-mx410-mx415-mx395-mx396?language=en_US

I searched a bit for pre-made adapter cables (similar to cross-mfr wireless mic to transmitter accessories) but didn't find one right away.

It's almost like someone was listening to our conversation !!!
1596639342523.png

And... it's here!!
It's ont the Axient line but I can figure that out... or wait a year maybe and see the same thing on the ULX line.

Yes, only Axient. But the AD receivers are a huge step up from ULX-D in terms of performance. True dual (diversity) receivers per channel, with bitstream combining. Pretty hard to get a dropout. ULX-D has predictive switching diversity instead.

As an independent Shure dealer and wireless consultant, I'm happy to help you procure these if/when you are ready.

Slight topic swerve, but for those with even smaller budgets what's the feeling about the new SLX-D, especially in comparison to the upstream models.

It's a good step in spectrum management. Lacks Ethernet port and ability to be managed in real-time by wireless workbench. Since slx analog is sun setting, it's the de facto choice in that price range. I would use for low budget or small channel count applications where the spectrum is not heavily subscribed, or too near public safety like a firehouse or police station.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back