Wireless Handheld

Foxinabox10

I'm looking to see if anyone knows what kind of wireless handheld microphone is used on MTV's TRL. I've also seen it on ABC's new show My Kind of Town. Even if you don't know the microphone, it is really the windscreen I'm looking for. It's really nice how it nicely has a color band around the middle so the sound operator can tell from a distance which one is which. Any thoughts?

you can always tape them, thats how most are done. i see alot of sm-58 wireless on tv.

This is a foam windscreen with a rubber (like all the wristbands going around) ring around the middle.

I'm not sure what type it is but here is a picture of it. I got it from "Google"

proxy.php

That could work if I can't find these, but these would look much more professional and also give you the ability to remove the color rubber to leave an all black windscreen if you're only using one microphone. The spray paint would wear off and look sloppy.

i am going to assume they mean only paint a ring around the middle of the wind screen. (correct me if im wrong) it should not affect pick-up too much since it should be a small ring around the center of the windscreen and most people using the mic are talking towards the top of the element and not the sides.

Yes, concept you are correct. Why I didn't say that myself, I don't know. It's been a rough week so far. :)

Yes, concept you are correct. Why I didn't say that myself, I don't know. It's been a rough week so far. :)

I doubt the color strip would do anything; but if it did, it would most likely improve the off axis rejection which is already pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back