Wireless Light For Special Effect

I am working on Little Shop, and I am trying to figure out the best way to produce a special lighting effect. The director would like to have a light in a cart that shines green. Of course there are battery operated options that can be manually turned on and off by an actor, but I would like to accomplish this by being able just to add it to the lighting cue. I know there are various wireless DMX products, but I am not completely familiar with all of them. What would the best option be for putting a battery powered small LED DMX light into a cart and control it from the board?

Lots of options for you depending on budget. The RC4 products are good and solid. Talk to Jim about what you need.
As for battery power I have used LiPo batteries in the past to do moving set pieces that have no cables.They are quick to charge, have a reasonable output but they do come with a couple of problems when charging they have been known to catch fire. But that is a small problem and it has never happened to me. Note I always charge them outside on a concrete pad away from flammable areas. Depending on the size of your cart and how long you need your light to be on will dictate how much power and size of battery required.

Regards
Geoff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back