Wireless Mic Elements

Traitor800

So next fall my college is doing Urinetown and because the school has a graduate that now works for Samson wireless we are going to be getting some large discounts on their transmitters and receivers, I'm not a big fan of their wireless stuff but you cant beat the price that were getting. What I need to know is what are some good mic elements that are terminated in the 3 pin mini XLR connectors(TA3F), Preferably small unobtrusive omni directional ones like the Shure WL93 ones, Id use those, but after I changed the connector on 2 of them last summer I cant imagine doing 20 of them. The transmitters haven't been decided yet but chances are we will probably get either the Synth 32 or Synth 5 series.
So yeah in summery, what are some small Omni directional Mic elements that terminate in mini 3 pin XLR that go for around $100 each.

You can get Shure to terminate WL-93's in whatever connecter you want. Same thing with Countryman B3's or B6's, if you have the ability to pay a bit more. I'm pretty sure all major mic element companies will terminate in TA3F if you ask them to.

yeah I know that, the only reason why Im trying to avoid it is that those connectors are so small that it is a pain to solder 1 or 2 let alone 20 of them. So I was just wondering if there were any alternatives to the WL93 that were already terminated in the TA3F connector. And from what I found last summer its also cheaper to buy the terminated cables and then take the connectors off and put new ones on than it is to buy unterminated ones and put on connectors.

You can buy WL-93's directly from Shure with TA3F's already on them when they show up at your door.

Just wondering, what were the WL-93's that you got terminated in? I've always picked the connector that I need for my transmitter and ordered it with that.

I didn't know that you can order them with other connectors, the ones that I got had Shure's standard TA4F, I didn't even think to try calling Shure and ordering, ill have to give that a try.

It was for a community theatre so i needed them quick and cheap so i just ordered them from a website, don't even remember which one.

And if Shure can't do it, I'm S(h)ure (pun intended) that another company will sell them to you with TA3F's.

And after doing my research, I'm gonna make another very strong recommendation for a different mic element. Countryman B3. Order from NorthernSound.net who sells B3's terminated in whatever you want, for any wireless pack. Their prices on the website are MSRP, if you email them your jaw will drop at the price that you can get. Simply amazing.

But order far enough ahead to allow 2 or 3 weeks for delivery, NSL is sometimes slow like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back