Wireless Mic Software Idea

do you think this is a good idea

• Total voters

Hughesie

As a sound tech that uses lots of Radio Mic's i find it hard to stay in touch with what mic has been fitted and what hasn't been done or wether their is a problem with one

and i know your awnser is Cans we have them but you can't mix and have the headset on it's just a fact plus you have to contend with LX cues and fly cues AND MANY MORE

what about a computer sytem with a screen beside the sound desk and one where the mic's are being fitted

that does the following

Alows the sound tech at a glance to see if the mic they're about to use is fitted and to who

talk to the mic people by chat

for the mic people to report trouble with one of the mic

Please tell me if this has already been done

i just thought it was a gr8 idea

Wow I had to read that a couple times to actually understand what you were trying to say but now I understand. I think it is a great idea and I don't know if it's been done, but I doubt it. Should be interesting though.

Yeh sorry im not the best speller but you get the gist of it

By the way Radman i love your end phrase

Let me drop everything and work on your problem

Pure truth

:)

I am still a student so i am young but this would really help

(i suppose you could use a chat program)

CHEAP CHEAP

OH ok im ignorant and just thought i'd say somthing thought provoking at the end of my message

Is there anything like this

if there isn't WHY NOT!

Do you have any idea how much it would cost to develop the software, hardware and distribution for such a product?

Answer: more than most of us will ever see in our lives

Hi,

well I thought about a similar system for communication with stage-hands during a show, asking for line-check and so on, but I never realized that software. I think it should consists of (at least) two computers, and utilize default Ethernet connections.

Tomy

The idea is good, but personally, I wouldn't use it. If I'm MIXING...the last thing i want to do is take my hands off the board to type. Or off the stage to look at a screen. Also, most of the time(as a TD) i don't have my mixers on com. There is someone designated to sit there on script/com for them and that person relays any necessary communication to the mixer and from the mixer.

wow, bring back the past via posts

very nice :)

The idea is good, but personally, I wouldn't use it. If I'm MIXING...the last thing i want to do is take my hands off the board to type. Or off the stage to look at a screen. Also, most of the time(as a TD) i don't have my mixers on com. There is someone designated to sit there on script/com for them and that person relays any necessary communication to the mixer and from the mixer.

not all theatre have enough crew for that

This would actually be a good application for instant messing (IM). If you have internet access within the theater, provide a simple IM-based program that allows for communication between FOH and backstage crew outside of clearcom. You could hook up as many PCs as you want to the same "show" through the IM ... kind of like a chat board but with a structured UI to deal specifically with theater operations.

I know when I'm running the soundboard the last thing I want is a headphone covering my ear. I bought a featherweight Telex headset but I still have to pull it off in order to hear properly. We set up a single "attention" light between main and sound booths, but I need more information than just a simple on/off indicator. An IM-based program might do the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back