Wireless Wireless PA ??

David Low

Hi All,
Have a strange gig coming up that involves a park where I can't string XLR, but I have power right where I need it.
So, have been investigating the various wireless hacks. This is a pretty serious gig, so not wanting to muck about with anything that won't work for sure, considering using a Sennheiser ew 300 IEM G3, in theory should work but Any thoughts? It has to be wireless strait from the mix in stereo.

Take a 300 IEM transmitter and tune it to the same frequency as a 300 series mic receiver. They should talk to each other. I would rather see you use the rack mount gear... you'll be able to have better antennas and such. IEM's are really only designed to pick up from about a 100' away. I have a feeling you will go past that. Going this way will also get rid of your battery issue.

I've done this many times. As Kyle suggests, I would always use rack mount/ AC powered first if you have that ability. The only time I use battery powered/ body packs is when there is no power available for the receiver or the speaker. I've transmitted over 300' with the body pack, but only when I have a rack mount transmitter and a directional antenna pointed directly at the remote speaker.

How well would this work with 4000 people between the transmitter and receiver?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back