Wireless Receiver Paddle Mounting

jonliles

Fight Leukemia
I just bought a new powered antenna distribution for our AT 3000 mics. I want to permanently mount our paddles in the space. What hardware have ya'll used in the past to mount them to the wall?

It may be a bit late to ask, but did you do the math to figure out if you need RF amplification? I'm assuming you mean RF amplification, at least, and not just a simple power distro for the receivers.

In terms of mounting, I mounted mine to the under-balc pipe with some clamps. Dead simple. If you're sold on attaching them to the wall, try to avoid mounting them so that they are parallel to the wall. Rather, try and get some space between the wall and the antenna, or mount it off the back wall.

What kind of coax do you have, and how long will the runs be? If it's longer than 10 feet or so, you need to take this into consideration lest you burn all of your signal in the coax!

What kind of coax do you have, and how long will the runs be? If it's longer than 10 feet or so, you need to take this into consideration lest you burn all of your signal in the coax!

But Mike, that's one of the oldest tricks in the book if your signal is a bit too hot and you don't have an attenuator handy, add a long length of thin cable...:mrgreen:

You're sure you want to mount them to a horizontal wall? How about a microphone flange and appropriate gooseneck? Although, I'm sure there are more permanent solutions out there. You can also mount them using an LP claw (or other clamp of your preference).

I am totally open to mounting them on batten over the stage

Do you have specific product you can recommend?

Look up Parts Express part number 242-023. I have one of these on the wall with one antenna on it up in the corner of the proscenium, the other is off stage, still above the actors. Gets great coverage into the house and all of stage. My rack is on stage, just behind proscenium, next to SMP panel. Short cables out of the DA, un amplified.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back