Wireless Rental Rates

jonliles

Fight Leukemia
What is the going rate per channel for wireless rentals?

Body packs w/ elements?
Wireless Handhelds?

What is the going rate per channel for wireless rentals?

Body packs w/ elements?
Wireless Handhelds?

NYC area, $100/Channel/Week for Transmitter/Receiver set, either body pack or Handheld. Usually Sennheiser 3000 series or Shure UHF-R. Lavs are perishables so depending on the level of production the shops may refuse to rent them and make you buy them outright. When I have convinced them of a rental it's usually an extra $30/week for DPA 4061 or Sennheiser MKE-2, billed as the full purchase price if I break them. 4066 or HSP-4 are an additional cost. If my rig is big enough often times I won't get billed for the lav rental if it's a quick inexpensive workshop.

You can always call the big rental houses ... to get a good range ... if you are depending on local houses it may depend on time of year and familiarity with your production ... ie if you are coming to town for a 1 stop deal you may expect to lay out a few more bucks then if you are a local theatre that needs a few channels throughout the year repeatedly... we have 50 ish channels of uhf. And if we are down to 10 sitting on the shelf I'll only send out to a few people bc I know they will take care of them and bring back on time etc.

We were paying $125 per channel just outside NYC for Audio Technica 3000 units. I love them so much, I convinced the powers that be to buy 12 of them. Now when I've been getting handheld systems, I've been going the Shure BLX path that is on a different frequency so that someday I can get belt packs and mics to go along with them for added channels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back