Wireless Rentals in Tampa Bay Area

soundmsam

Wondering if anybody on here knows where in the Tampa Bay Area to get a really good deal on renting wireless microphones? If not, does anybody have any recommendations on a good cheaper wireless system for a smaller black-box theatre?

Thanks

Wondering if anybody on here knows where in the Tampa Bay Area to get a really good deal on renting wireless microphones? If not, does anybody have any recommendations on a good cheaper wireless system for a smaller black-box theatre?

Thanks

I am in Tampa also and was looking for a wireless mic rental back in April with no luck. I ended up spending $300 on a Audio Technica 700 from Music Showcase in Brandon. They told me that no one will rent wireless mics due to the fragile technology in them. Very good store with a lot of help and the mic worked flawlessly. I used it in an outdoor stadium for an event and the range and clarity were fantastic. I could be anywhere on the field or in the stands and the mic performed flawlessly. We also had 2 scoreboards on wireless so I was concerned of interference, but I had no issues. This mic system has many different channels, so you can choose a new one if needed. I recommend this system as it feels and performs like it is a high quality system.

Good luck.

I am in Tampa also and was looking for a wireless mic rental back in April with no luck. I ended up spending $300 on a Audio Technica 700 from Music Showcase in Brandon. They told me that no one will rent wireless mics due to the fragile technology in them.
Typical music store lies.

Not sure what your price range is, but Professional Wireless in Orlando will take care of you if you can afford it. They're one of few companies that specialize in wireless sales, rental, and service. http://www.professionalwireless.com/

Re: the A-T 700 series, I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree with hrfrank. I generally consider the A-T 3000 series to the bare minimum in terms of performance, and I've not been terribly impressed with that one either. The 700 series is garage-band grade at best.

Last edited:
What should my typical price range look like for 6 wireless mics? The rental would be for a least one month, possibly longer depending on how our show does.

What should my typical price range look like for 6 wireless mics? The rental would be for a least one month, possibly longer depending on how our show does.

To purchase, I would say minimum $500/channel, so that comes out to around $3k. Not sure what fair rental rates are running these days...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back