Wireless Systems

Discussion in 'Sound, Music, and Intercom' started by Brenden Friedel, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Brenden Friedel

Brenden Friedel Active Member

Sound designer/Board Op at LNHS
    If I were to purchase 6 AT 3000 Gen 4 and swap them out with my current SLX system, Could I use the current antenna distro units I have? Currently, they are all U8A44. I was looking at BLX4r but at the Price of the BLX I could get AT systems that show battery

2. FMEng

FMEng Well-Known Member Fight Leukemia

Your antenna distro will work fine with any UHF band receivers. Keep in mind that the current AT 3000 uses a proprietary mic connector on the belt pack transmitters, making it difficult and expensive to use anything but Audio Technica's mics. Not good if you want to use Countryman, DPA, or any other brands. This has been discussed in other threads.

RonHebbard likes this.
  3. steine

steine Member

IT-Support at K12 and freelance sound/light design
    At least the DPA and Rode adaptors are almost same price for the A/T as the Shure and Sennheiser adaptors.

RonHebbard likes this.
  4. FMEng

FMEng Well-Known Member Fight Leukemia

I looked a couple of months ago. There are no adapters for the new connector.

steine and RonHebbard like this.
  5. steine

steine Member

IT-Support at K12 and freelance sound/light design
    I see, had not seen they did a Microsoft/Apple move and changed their connector....

A workaround could be the Audio-Technica AT-cWcH Adapter Cable together with the microdot adaptor, that is in case you have any of the old ones lying around.

FMEng likes this.