Wireless Workbench

Jay Ashworth

I have seen a few folks kindly offer in the past to do WWB runs for people, and I think my house might possibly be in need of that.

I've got 18 channels of ULXS4, with a smattering of handhelds and belt packs, and I've heard a few odd things in my current run (my first musical mix) that I am not sure weren't attributable to bad channel choices.

Our receivers are racked in sets of six, with UA844 combiners.

I have the channels for 12 out of the 18, and could get the other 6 and add them to the post here, or if someone can just run up 18 compatible channels that will work in Central Tampa, that'd be marvelous too... :)

Last edited:
Box 1: mounted in booth, 2 UA-844's to a pair of log-periodics, 7-8 ft above booth:

RF1: 5/11
RF2: 1/8
RF3: 6/2
RF4: 4/2
RF5: 1/10
RF6: 1/12

Box 2: SKB case, 2 UA-844's with a pair of mini-ducks on each, usually run DSL or DSR, or out in the field

RF7: 2/1
RF8: 1/8
RF9: 7/3
RF10: 4/2
RF11: 4/3
RF12: 5/1

Box 3: as box 2, more commonly used

RF13: 5/2
RF14: 3/4
RF15: 5/15
RF16: 3/8
RF17: 4/1
RF18: 5/18

Since we do, every so often, do big musicals that actually require all 3 boxes in the same place, we are in fact concerned with the entire 18 channel field, not just 3 groups of 6.

Zip 33605, Tampa FL.

Thanks for the info - though I'm still not seeing the frequency bands! It should be located in the upper right-hand corner of each receiver (e.g. "J1" as seen in THIS IMAGE)

Oops. I'll have to pick those off the units next time I'm in; that will probably be Friday before lunch. I'd assumed the Group number subsumed the band.

RF1-6 M1 662-698
RF7-12 (rarely used) also M1
RF12-18 G3 470-506

And yes, I know.

Though what I don't know is how the results of the repack change what's whitespace in Tampa.

What bands and how many in each have you got?
Hey! Did where did you get the frequencies from. I’ve been trying to do my slx but couldn’t get those to work in wireless workbench. They are in the J3 band and I have 12 as well as 8 QLXD In the H50 but those I can do in wireless workbench or just do a network scan on them.

If you're asking me, yes, I did. I've been alternately busy, sick, and elsewhere, and haven't had time to do the work call to test out the new lists yet, though.

Wow; I've been here that long? :)

We have upgraded to 16 channels of QLXD, and I just upgraded WWB from 5 to 6, and 6 isn't *quite* as impossible to figure out as 5 was, if you don't a) do this every day b) for the Superb Owl... but it's *still* unecessarily complex for low-end users in favor of people who *are* working on the NFL or Broadway; sure would be nice if the UI could implement some progressive complexity, or the doco could be rewritten for people who actually need it, or both. (This rant brought to you by People Who Don't A2 for the NFL or Broadway.)

[ And: folo: yes those freqs someone drummed up for me worked just fine; thank you very much ]

Wow; I've been here that long? :)

We have upgraded to 16 channels of QLXD, and I just upgraded WWB from 5 to 6, and 6 isn't *quite* as impossible to figure out as 5 was, if you don't a) do this every day b) for the Superb Owl... but it's *still* unecessarily complex for low-end users in favor of people who *are* working on the NFL or Broadway; sure would be nice if the UI could implement some progressive complexity, or the doco could be rewritten for people who actually need it, or both. (This rant brought to you by People Who Don't A2 for the NFL or Broadway.)

[ And: folo: yes those freqs someone drummed up for me worked just fine; thank you very much ]
@Jay Ashworth You've been here so long, your rants are beginning to sound like @TimMc 's.
Congratulations, you could emulate worse!!
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back