Wireless Wireless XLR transmitter and Receiver

dvsDave

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Senior Team
CB Mods
Fight Leukemia
Need a recommendation. We have a situation at church where we have to move to another part of the school where we meet for 6 weeks while they renovate the auditorium.

I have a speaker we use to pipe audio to the lobby. Normally we just use a long XLR cable, but due to the location we are being moved to (the cafeteria... uggghhhh) I can't run a cable out to the new "lobby" location.

Looking for recommendations on a wireless XLR transmitter and receiver that will last a minimum of 4 hours. (also, if it brings the price down, it does NOT have to be battery powered. )

If you had access to an IEM transmitter/receiver you could feed a speaker through that.

Edit: Or come to think of it, if you use an aux out of your board, you could use a wireless pack and put the receiver at the speaker end. (if you have any extra wireless, sennheisers work easiest for this since they take 1/8th inch inputs)

I've also seen something like this used before (and the matching receiver). All depends on how far away and through what kind of walls we're talking. This example happens to be in the 2.4 range. But no batteries involved.
https://www.markertek.com/product/d...kDTudwBeFSTuO4jf_oSpZwajfFCviRc8aAmfXEALw_wcB

+1 for the IEM/Wireless Mic receiver. You're probably aware - but Shure used to have some publications on which of their systems were "eligible" for this. I'm sure this would be a minimum 1200 dollar setup, unless you could rent something (and for 6 weeks, you're getting into buy vs rent territory pretty quick for one system depending on local rates).

I've got a Rode Wireless Lav mic setup I'm gonna try with a XLR adapters. We'll see how that goes. I'll report back. The Alto Pro system looks great, but since this is only for 6 weeks, might be more robust than I need.

Might be a bit late, but make sure you check to see if you can disable the mic power on your transmitter. I know on the AT system I have and the (too) many I've worked with in the past all had a menu option for disabling phantom mic power, which you could either set to "mic" (phantom on) or "Instrument" (for... instruments... or line outputs... where you don't want phantom power). Also, consider turning down the gain on the transmitter, since you won't need to amplify your already line level signal.

I was planning on hooking up the transmitter to Aux Out 1 (1/4 TRS) output, on the X32 compact.

x32c_routing.JPG

proxy.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back