Control/Dimming Wondering if I can use OSC to control lighting channels with X32

Jonathan Pitzer

I believe that I have seen Qlab tutorials that allow Qlab to both take and give OSC commands from both an X32 and an Ion. I was wondering if it is possible to set the X32 up as additional faders to control lighting channels like you would with an external fader wing. Or if it is possible to hook un the X32 to my nomad and use it as a fader wing for programming light cues.

Just curious.

I don't use Qlab, so I'm not sure about it's limitations. Basically, you'd need it to translate a command from the X32 to Eos. I guess theoretically it's possible.

I think you'd have an easier time of mapping a midi controller directly to the Nomad... though the easiest solution would be a touch screen attached to your nomad and a virtual fader wing. If you're looking for something custom with a Nomad my dream "show in a box" is a rack mounted touch screen, integrated low profile computer running Nomad and a custom X-key programmed with the EOS hot keys. That could be fun...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back