Work Desk Organization

dvsDave

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Senior Team
CB Mods
Fight Leukemia
Alright, I have a tendency to let my desk get cluttered up, buried under paperwork, fidgets, gadgets, decorations, and snacks.

This question is not for the Type-A people where organization comes easy. I want to hear from those who struggle, where organization is a constant battle. What have you done to make your workspace more usable?

I allow the clutter to pile up until it is un-useable, then start working in a shared location where I am not able to leave my stuff. Then eventually there will be a day where the shared space isn't available and I'll spend two hours cleaning my desk. I then use my desk for a week or two and repeat the process.

So what I'm saying is, Following.....

Alright, I have a tendency to let my desk get cluttered up, buried under paperwork, fidgets, gadgets, decorations, and snacks.

This question is not for the Type-A people where organization comes easy. I want to hear from those who struggle, where organization is a constant battle. What have you done to make your workspace more usable?
Quoting You: "buried under paperwork, fidgets, gadgets, decorations, and snacks."
Keeping your snacks on top is of paramount importance.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Quoting You: "buried under paperwork, fidgets, gadgets, decorations, and snacks."
Keeping your snacks on top is of paramount importance.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Oh absolutely, snacks are a top priority 🤤

Man this hits home. My desk is always a mess. I spend a few mins on Friday to get it as clean as possible so it doesn’t feel like total chaos on Monday when I walk in fresh.

Man this hits home. My desk is always a mess. I spend a few mins on Friday to get it as clean as possible so it doesn’t feel like total chaos on Monday when I walk in fresh.
That's a good idea.

Organized chaos, Dave. It's all knowing in which pile the thing you want has been filed.

Organized chaos, Dave. It's all knowing in which pile the thing you want has been filed.
That works until the piles shift or fall. Or once the items get really hidden, then ADHD brain forgets where it is because it was in sight yesterday and today it's not.

received_1453947231724265.jpeg

💯 Accurate

wait a sec! I am both type-A and operate on the piles-o-stuff desk model. Usually it works for me - tho I can't find the 2nd set of keys to my wife's car for the last few weeks. Anyone got a metal detector? Somehow these shots don't convey the full horror, tho ...

Attachments

• IMG-3658.jpg
    IMG-3658.jpg
    299.8 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG-3659.jpg
    IMG-3659.jpg
    309.4 KB · Views: 141
wait a sec! I am both type-A and operate on the piles-o-stuff desk model. Usually it works for me - tho I can't find the 2nd set of keys to my wife's car for the last few weeks. Anyone got a metal detector? Somehow these shots don't convey the full horror, tho ...

I’ve been missing a pair for channel locks for like 2 weeks when you are done with the detector can you ship it this way. 😂😂😂

Some years ago I resolved to spray paint a neon green on all my tools - but (inevitably) the spray can disappeared from its safe place in my garage/whse before I could get to doing it. A classic recursive problem ...

Every time I reorganize I forget where I put something, then spend hours searching for it. So I gave up. I try to keep the main work area tidy but let the heaps form as they will around me. The current midden heap...
IMG_2379.JPG

Since we are showing off. Lately my desk has turned into a napkin catch all.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    510.8 KB · Views: 155

Users who are viewing this thread

Back