Work light solutions

@josh88 and @RickR Up here in Canada, North of Donald's walls, Home Depot has had the Kreios FLX90's on the shelf next to yard lights, the types of fixtures we often install above our garage doors to light our driveways. They were there to see and touch although they weren't flying off the shelves as quickly as the 500 Watt fixtures next to them. IF Home Depot stocks them on your side of the walls, their buying power MAY offer lower prices.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Ron is incorrect. Home Depot does not have the KREIOS FLx on their shelf. They have a cheap copy with the same outer FRAME, but the fixture is completely different in terms of output, design, color temp, LED, dimmable driver, CRI, etc. The form factor I chose was a common one that you can find all over the market- I just made sure it had a different driver and LED in ours.

Cheers,

Mark

Ron is incorrect. Home Depot does not have the KREIOS FLx on their shelf. They have a cheap copy with the same outer FRAME, but the fixture is completely different in terms of output, design, color temp, LED, dimmable driver, CRI, etc. The form factor I chose was a common one that you can find all over the market- I just made sure it had a different driver and LED in ours.

Cheers,

Mark
@DELO72 Thanks for your info' Mark. I didn't buy one but the kid working after school told me they were the real deal, I'd NEVER have suspected a high school student would've been pulling my leg; as if.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

High school kids... man, they don't make 'em like they used to. Reminds me of the time my brother bought me a bottle of wine that was so bad (not even corked!) that I had to pour it down the drain. I asked him what made him choose it, and he said, "Well...not knowing anything about wine, I asked for a suggestion from the mentally challenged 16-yr. old that was bagging my groceries, and he said it was really good." I'm not sure he was joking.

High school kids... man, they don't make 'em like they used to. Reminds me of the time my brother bought me a bottle of wine that was so bad (not even corked!) that I had to pour it down the drain. I asked him what made him choose it, and he said, "Well...not knowing anything about wine, I asked for a suggestion from the mentally challenged 16-yr. old that was bagging my groceries, and he said it was really good." I'm not sure he was joking.

@DELO72 Continuing this step to left ( Thank you 'Rocky Horror ) .
Next to me, I have a Pelican L4. Pelican's L4 is their LED model that's slimmer than a fountain pen but a bit larger in diameter than a Bic ball point.
Pelican offer their L4 in blatant yellow and tasteful black. I chose black, it was basically invisible with only its integral black pocket clip showing in the left rear pocket of black dress pants when attending weddings and funerals. All the butch boys with their MAG five or six D cells, the size they need suspenders to hold their pants up, GUFFAWED LOUD and long at my little L4. When you're in the basement of a church and the power dumps, the only flash light that matters is the one you have WITH you. Not too many were attending funerals and weddings with their GIANT Mags.

I've digressed: Pelican's L4 is powered by three QUADRUPLE A batteries. I rarely needed to disassemble the L4. Quadruple A's are difficult to find.
Back to student hired help.
Every time I was perusing the battery aisle of whichever store my wife was dragging me through, while Marly was in the makeup department for an hour looking for just the right makeup for her next production, I'd wander over to the battery aisle just in case they happened to stock quadruple A's.
That's when some helpful student would stride up to help the old geezer.
Student: Can I help you find something sir?
Me: No thank you.
Student: If you tell me what you're looking for, I probably know right where it is, this is my section.
Me: I'm looking for quadruple A's, little tiny ones.
Student: Oh, right here sir, it's Triple A's you need.
Me: No, not triple A's, quadruple A's.
Student: Sorry sir, these are the smallest size, quadruple A's don't exist.
Time and time again I'd pull my black L4 out of my pocket and begin to unthread it.
Student: Would be standing there puzzled, thinking I've pulled my pen out of my pocket and was standing in front of him trying to take it apart.
Me: (as 3 tiny quadruple A's slid into my palm) Quadruple A's, four A's, EXACTLY like these.
Student: (closely examining one of the tiny quadruple A's) I'll be! I've NEVER seen any pen cells this small!!
Me: We're in your section, still want to help me?
I'd need to take off my shoes to count the number of times I had to disassemble my L4 and show the quadruple A's to some helpful young 'un.
Thanks again @DELO72 for the correction and accurate info'.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back