Working Water Fountain

Hello all,

I am tasked with creating a working water fountain for an upcoming production of Much Ado.

The fountain will be built into a proscenium width staircase which makes up the apron of the stage.
It is a statue where water is meant to come from some fish as the base and the mouth at the top.

The tricky part is that the fountain will be "built" by the actors during the show piece by piece, and by the end must work.

I've done a rain effect before using a Hudson sprayer. However, does anyone have any ideas on anything more reliable or powerful?

There will be 3 different parts of the fountain where the water comes out, all three are parts of the statue that will be assembled during the performance.

I do have access to a shop sink near the stage and may be able to run hoses under the stage, but a stand alone solution is what I am aiming for.

Thanks for your ideas!

There's no need to hook a fountain into the shop sink. A fountain needs a reservoir and a pump to recirculate the water. If it is needs to operated for a short period of time then you may get away with using a pre-charged pressure tank instead of the pump to circulate the water.

A local plumbing or pool supply company ought to be able to help you set something up.

Hello all,

I am tasked with creating a working water fountain for an upcoming production of Much Ado.

The fountain will be built into a proscenium width staircase which makes up the apron of the stage.
It is a statue where water is meant to come from some fish as the base and the mouth at the top.

The tricky part is that the fountain will be "built" by the actors during the show piece by piece, and by the end must work.

I've done a rain effect before using a Hudson sprayer. However, does anyone have any ideas on anything more reliable or powerful?

There will be 3 different parts of the fountain where the water comes out, all three are parts of the statue that will be assembled during the performance.

I do have access to a shop sink near the stage and may be able to run hoses under the stage, but a stand alone solution is what I am aiming for.

Thanks for your ideas!

I built something similar for a show using a small aquarium or outdoor pond pump. Recirculated the water from a catch basin under the fountain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back