The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Working with Chauvet Intimidator Hybrids

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by SouthTownProd, Jul 30, 2017.

1. SouthTownProd

SouthTownProd Member

Hi,

I'm currently working with 4 hybrids and i'm programming them for a concert in september. i'm noticing that the heads move pretty slow during scene transitions and i was wondering if there was a way to speed up the movements on the heads. some scenes only last for about 2 seconds and I was needing them to move to a specific spot during that time, but it doesn't reach it's destination by the time the scene is supposed to end.

Also, is there a way to program a specific resting position for the heads instead of what comes with the factory settings?

Thanks in advance :)

2. Dionysus

Dionysus Well-Known Member

Technical Director
    The move will happen in the cue time. It would help to know what console you are using.

Generally using a Part cue or any one of several different methods to give the movement a different time will do the trick.

Amiers and RonHebbard like this.
  3. SouthTownProd

SouthTownProd Member

I'm using the Chauvet Showxpress on my laptop. Everything is connected via wifly. there are 4 intimidator hybrids, 2 color bands, 2 strobes and 2 fog fury jet pro's. i'm included a link to the video to show you what i'm talking about. you can see that the intimidators kinda move slow when the cue hits. i have the intimidators programmed to snap to position instead of fading into it. i know showxpress is kind of a dumbed down version of the software that I really should use, but it's what i can afford right now.