Worse than the Norton 2003 Worm

soundlight said:
I got triple monitors in the booth, but the internal graphics port on the Dell that we have didn't work. I already had a dual-VGA port AGP-slot card that I had installed in the machine myself, and that worked well. Two monitors was, I must say, quite useful. Now I just need the dual-screen portable laptop... (or triple...i can imagine that...twould be very thick...open the top, fold out two wing monitors...that would be crazy expensive, crazy heavy, murderous on batteries, and require a crazy graphics card, esp. if you were running cad programs or other design programs, and also be nearly impossible...but hey, we're here to do the impossible, right?)

that would be rather neat. it was about three years ago i read an article on notebook monitors, they were in the process of developing ones slimmer than what is currently being used and would not need to be backlit, because the material it self glowed. I think once they get that out on the market we might see double screened laptops....

I'm a Mac guy. Sorry about the virus. You should switch over. Come on, drink the KoolAid ;-)

But seriously now... here's my setup. I have a 17" widescreen iMac G5 that runs at 1440x900. All my work gets done on that. Web browsers, mail, Word, etc.

I have a second 15" LCD that's off to the left. It's an old Micron that swivels 90°. I told OS X to rotate the image on that screen, so that runs sideways to fit better on my desk. It goes at 768x1024. I keep my AIM buddy list on there. I also have an iTunes "floater" that shows the song/artist/album of whatever I'm listening to, along with the album art if there is any.

Having dual monitors on a Mac is amazing. Never had dualies on a PC...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back