Microphones WTB Bogen DDU250. . .

RonHebbard

Premium Member
Departed Member
Hoping to find a new Bogen DDU250 low impedance, balanced, goose neck dynamic desk mic with two push buttons, one red and locking, the other blue and momentary. I've used this mic in several installations and modified the mic's push buttons so the red latching button mutes and enables the production monitor so it's not blaring in the dressing rooms pre-show, during intervals and post shows. The blue momentary button enables and mutes the SM's paging mic. The base is fairly small occupying minimal desk space and light enough to be easily moved by a busy SM. Having the two switches both in the base of the mic keeps them conveniently available for the SM. Being able to mute the monitor pre and post show equates to the inhabitants of dressing rooms not turning their stepped 70 volt attenuators to zero then leaving them turned down and not hearing when the show starts and / or their scene begins. Of course the SM's pages always pull in the attenuators' bypass relays ensuring the pages ALWAYS come through at full volume regardless of the level of the production monitor audio.
The Bogen DDU250 is close to unobtainium up here north of Donald's walls. Has anyone a new Bogen DDU250 availale or an alternate they'd care to suggest??
Here's a link to a photo: https://www.google.com/search?sourc...31j0i10j0i22i30j0i22i10i30j33i160.Tf2SMePxkZE
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

I mean if you want me to I’ll buy one and shop it to you as long as you pay the cost for everything.

Really moreso curious as to what you are using it for. You trying to hijacking the senior home PA or something?

Full Compass and B&H both list that model as available, and both companies will ship to Canada per their web site info. (Full compass will not ship online orders internationally, but will do so for phone orders.)

I might be tempted to use a plain gooseneck microphone and a separate base that I could put a switch or two in. Amazon and the usual suspects have various desktop microphone stands for gooseneck microphones. I have a little bit of satisfactory experience with the CAD 727-18 gooseneck microphone, though neither a lot of experience nor over a lot of time. It seems decently well made and sounds not bad in the least for paging sorts of uses, and being a dynamic microphone needs no phantom power or other source of a bias voltage.

I mean if you want me to I’ll buy one and shop it to you as long as you pay the cost for everything.

Really moreso curious as to what you are using it for. You trying to hijacking the senior home PA or something?
@Amiers Thanks. but no thanks, for your kind offer. B&H Photo Video are great to deal with, especially if you can wait for the one or two days weekly when they ship to Canada in bulk often offering free delivery. If you just can't wait for their bulk delivery then you pay through the nose and Donald probably charges a couple of tariffs for good measure.
What am I using it for? One is the SM mic in Waterdown's Village Theatre and the one that's failed is the SM mic in The Players' Guild of Hamilton Inc. At the moment the Guild's completing their run using an EV DS35 in one hand and pressing the blue momentary button with the other; redundancy's a good thing.
Thanks again and Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Full Compass and B&H both list that model as available, and both companies will ship to Canada per their web site info. (Full compass will not ship online orders internationally, but will do so for phone orders.)

I might be tempted to use a plain gooseneck microphone and a separate base that I could put a switch or two in. Amazon and the usual suspects have various desktop microphone stands for gooseneck microphones. I have a little bit of satisfactory experience with the CAD 727-18 gooseneck microphone, though neither a lot of experience nor over a lot of time. It seems decently well made and sounds not bad in the least for paging sorts of uses, and being a dynamic microphone needs no phantom power or other source of a bias voltage.
@DrewE Thanks for your reply. I suspect the needy person will go with B&H Photo Video. B&H ship to Canada in bulk once or twice weekly often offering free shippng if you're willing to wait for their next bulk shipment. If you're too impatient to wait then you pay through the nose. Thanks again for your reply.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

And here I thought you were gonna have a better story than a normal one.

I assume you want it yesterday and that’s why you don’t want to do cross country shipping.

And here I thought you were gonna have a better story than a normal one.

I assume you want it yesterday and that’s why you don’t want to do cross country shipping.
@Amiers There's enough redundancy in the system and their run closes this Saturday evening thus they can complete their run with little inconvenience; after that, they can easily wait for B&H's free shipping. For a better story: My MiniDisc with the shattering glass during the week of 16 hour days for the annual God botherer's conference is still one of my better tales. Whatrigger enjoyed it.
Thanks again.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Close, but no cigar ...

zPcR9vsBTYCLvA1a5rH2tA.jpg

I bought this a long time ago and it's been sitting collecting dust on my shelf. It's not what you've specced, but if you are interested, PM me.

Thanks. John

Close, but no cigar ...

View attachment 18123

I bought this a long time ago and it's been sitting collecting dust on my shelf. It's not what you've specced, but if you are interested, PM me.

Thanks. John
@jkowtko Thanks but no thanks. The great feature about the Bogen DDU250 is being able to easily re-wire the switches to have the red latching push button mute and enable the monitor audio and the blue momentary push button perform its normal function of enabling and muting the SM's pages.
Having both functions conveniently at hand has been a fabulous feature that SM's have grown to love.
Your location still brings memories of Ampex 350's, 351/s, PR10's and AG500's to mind.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back