WTB: Old Lighting Console

Let's hope the faders work. Not all end users cover their boards when not in use. In my area, lighting and sound boards often have liquids mysteriously spilled on / in them by unseen / unknown invisible persons of questionable parentage.
Think POSITIVE.
Test NEGATIVE.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard
More like lets hope the faders are a standard slide potentiometer I can replace where needed, in a perfect world they would all work, but im seriously doubting it 😅

More like lets hope the faders are a standard slide potentiometer I can replace where needed, in a perfect world they would all work, but im seriously doubting it 😅
ALPS is one popular brand (Used in Strand GSX / LBX's). One thing I found odd / interesting / unusual / surprising was the use of a potentiometer's metal frame as a jumper (or two or three) with its four or six legs not only being used for mechanical support but to electrically interconnect portions of a board's traces.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Thats exactly the thing, I expect to pay at least a few hundred dollars in parts/materials/a computer to stuff inside. So a shipped console at $140, where I might have to modify circuitry/create my own, is well worth it to me. I'm fully expecting to have to design circuitry to get the faders to talk to a microcontroller in the way I want them to anyways.

Yup; you want to do exactly what I want to do; make a board into a wing.

I'm just not up to it.

What I see of the Express's suggest they'd be better suited for it than some...

We have one, but sadly, it's college inventory and impossible to pry loose.

Would a Strand 520i be useful to you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back