WTR: Chamsys MagicDMX For Rent?

bishopthomas

I need another MagicDMX dongle for a double booking on Saturday. Since I don't think it will make it from across the ocean in time, does anyone have one I can borrow/rent? I'll pay the overnight shipping and drop it back in the mail Monday morning. Thanks!

Re: Chamsys MagicDMX For Rent?

I have an Enttec pro ...would that work for you?

The MagicDMX comes straight from the UK

Thanks for the replies, guys. Because of the impending doomsday eve (Irene is coming!) my gigs were cancelled. I ended up buying a DMX Operator only a couple of hours before the cancellation, so Guitar Center, get ready to give me some money back! In the meantime, I've ordered another MagicDMX and will let you know when it arrives. ScottT - I don't remember waiting "a few weeks" for my first one, so hopefully yours shows up soon.

Thanks a lot, and same here. I just ordered my second and will get a third after I get a touchscreen computer. I also have an Enttec dongle I need to send in for repair. So between the two of us we have at least 5 systems available in the Northeast.

Thanks a lot, and same here. I just ordered my second and will get a third after I get a touchscreen computer. I also have an Enttec dongle I need to send in for repair. So between the two of us we have at least 5 systems available in the Northeast.

Once I replace the HDD in my old IBM with a SSD, reload Ubuntu, get the MagicDMX and a touchscreen monitor (I'm thinking one of those cheap 7 inch ones just to make it easier to carry around and because it can be USB Powered) that will make 6 of us.

Once I replace the HDD in my old IBM with a SSD, reload Ubuntu, get the MagicDMX and a touchscreen monitor (I'm thinking one of those cheap 7 inch ones just to make it easier to carry around and because it can be USB Powered) that will make 6 of us.

Awesome, good to know! I'm looking for an All In One touchscreen computer, as Pie4Weeble suggested. Not only does it have the touchscreen feature going for it, but it's less components to put together on the gig. You're welcome to use it any time (and anyone else on these forums as well).

Awesome, good to know! I'm looking for an All In One touchscreen computer, as Pie4Weeble suggested. Not only does it have the touchscreen feature going for it, but it's less components to put together on the gig. You're welcome to use it any time (and anyone else on these forums as well).

The school that I TD at is getting a MagicQ system! Who knows what we're at right now, but hopefully I'll be getting a touch screen for it as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back