WWB6/ULX-D RF power setting?

Fair enough. But I appear to have low and high, which the book says means 1mW and 20mW.

I'm using Shure combiners for each set of 4, and in theory WWB picks freqs to avoid IMD anyway, right?

@Jay Ashworth I would use High Power. Low Power requires careful antenna system design due to the lower link margin. If you need to use Low Power, a pair of Shure UA874US antennas are recommended on or near the stage for the passive gain. They should be separated by about six feet due to how Predictive Diversity works. If there are IEM systems, just put those transmit antennas farther away (other side of the stage is ideal), or behind the receive antennas (to take advantage of the null).

The way to know if just about any system will work at what power and with what antennas in a venue is to create a Link Budget because what works at one venue if you were to move it down the street may not work at another. It is fairly simple to do once you understand how it works.

Yup; all of those things are true.

But the building I work in is in the middle of a college campus, so I effectively don't have to worry about splashing anyone else; anyone that's going to be in my footprint, I already know about. So my constraints are a bit looser than some people's might be.

Though I had no on-stage problems with Low Power, it gives me hives to have radios go away during a show, and Hi Power seemed to work fine in last night's tech.

Now I just have to work out not overloading the inputs on the Qu-16 when the kids in Matilda ... SCREAM!

When I was updating back last December or August 2019 I saw something that was saying keep the first 2 digits of the version the same, so "M.m.p.b" the M.m. needed to be the same where the .p.b was a 'little' more flexible.

When I was updating 24 packs & 8 Handhelds, I setup a jig to update 2 units at once, then I just swapped back and forth between the jig updating 1 pack at a time.
The time it took me to remove batteries from freshly updated pack, install batteries and power next pack on, and set it in the jig took the amount of time for the pack already on the jig to update.

My receivers are in a wall mount rack, so for my jig, I setup 2 mic stands with handheld clips and balanced the packs on the clips. The entire process from setup to tear down took me like 20min.
It took longer for me to read and double check that I had the proper firmware to update and read most of the release notes.
Exactamento! I was going to suggest the same thing. Beats tiring out your arm trying to hold the TX in alignment with the IR, and lets you post something on CB while the update is running :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back