Conventional Fixtures Wybron Coloram (making gelstrings)

visigoth

Has enyone made there own gel strings for these? I have the original coloram and the gelstring for them but due to the fact they came from Barnum circus,the strings are pretty beat up, let me know.

You can, you just need to make sure that you cut the color frames to the correct length. OYu also need to look at the original frames and see if/where they have the foil tags on the bottom of the string. Just mimic them on your new strings and you should be OK. However the easiest, least frustrating way (though slightly more expensive) is to call your local dealer and just order strings with the colors you want.

I dont see foiltabs at the bottom of the strings, is it an obvious thing?

I dont see foiltabs at the bottom of the strings, is it an obvious thing?

The original coloram might not have them. In which case you may not need them. I know on RamII strings they were right around the first and last frames.

As said above, it is possible to make your own scrolls. It can be a pain though. Every piece of gel has to be cut the same. Every seam has to be taped square. It can be done, but it can be a real pain to get right time after time. You can buy scrolls at 30-40 a piece. Well worth it in my opinion.

Depending on the number of scrolls you are making it is actually cheaper to have them made. For a wybron scroller you really only get 4 frames out of sheet of gel which is around $6 so the cost per frame is $1.50. So if your scroll is longer than 20 frames it is cheaper to have i made for you before including labor. Not to mention the fact that you know a string that you buy will work every time because the people who designed the scrollers did the math.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back